I'm already knee-deep in this mud

"So I'm blind now."

"Partially and temporarily, it can be fixed so don't worry."

"Great, that's wonderful News." Nikolai replied sarcastically, "look at the bright side, we're going back home." Jin said.

"I'm being released?" Nikolai asked, "Your mom's orders actually, the doctor says there's no current danger on your health and you can go back home to rest, so Madame wants me to take you home." Jin replied.

"What's the catch? there's no way my mom would give up the chance of keeping me locked and sheltered in a hospital, just like that." Nikolai said.

"First of all, there'll be no more acting for you until your vision has improved, so basically you are going to remain locked and sheltered in your own house.

Plus Madame is enhancing security measures in your house." Jin replied, "The bodyguards she hired for you here, will all be working in your house, including Minnie." He added.

"Mom and her damn spy girls." Nikolai grunted, "Your mother, she isn't a normal person, is she?" Jin asked, "You think? she's a crime lady!" Nikolai replied annoyed.

"I'm sorry what?" Jin said, "isn't it obvious?...the girls, the security measures, the fact that she accepted you even though she knows our history.

How everyone in town acts like her little bitch." Nikolai replied.

"I mean i thought she's like a business woman or something, but a crime lady?...like what kind crimes are we talking about?" Jin asked.

"I don't know if I should tell you, I'm her son but she chose to hide this side of her life from me, I only found out in highschool but I never confronted her about it out of fear." Nikolai replied, "Ugh, the whole town knows, actually not just the town, the whole country turns a blind eye to her...not even the government can touch her.

I love my mom, but she scares the shit out of me." he added.

"You're saying, you only recently discovered that your mother is a criminal?" Jin asked surprised.

"I had a feeling growing up, but I was just a kid and didn't dare to ask... however I came across something incriminating during highschool." Nikolai said.

"tell me." Jin said, "I'm not sure I should tell you more about her, I'm sorry I got you into this whole mess, it isn't something you should be part of." Nikolai replied.

"I'm already knee-deep in this mud, might as well share what we know with each other.

I have a weird feeling we're connected with more than just our romantic feelings. " Jin replied in a hopeful tone, "Besides, your Mom has officially hired me to continue be your bodyguard.

whether I like it or not, I am part of this now." he added.

"She did?" Nikolai's eyes went wide open, "Yes, Minnie says it's weird because I'm a man." Jin replied.

Suddenly, "Remember when you told me your mother's death wasn't an accident?" Nikolai said.

"Yeah?"

"What I found that day in my mom's office was a picture of a woman attached to a file, it was your mother's picture, something was written on the back of it."

Jin raised an eyebrow, "You found a picture of my mom, in your mom's office?" he wasn't too surprised because Radka admitted to knowing Lily, but it was weird because Radka said she kept her distance from his mom, and a file would suggest otherwise.

"Yeah, the pic had the phrase 'why did her own father want her dead?' written on the back of it." Nikolai replied.

"Her Father wants her dead?...that means my other grandfather.