Chapter 1. A Hard Day's Night

Season 1 Episode 1

A Hard Day's Night

Victoria got out of her car in the Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital's parking lot. She takes a deep breath then looks in her bag seeing a massive card to say good luck for first day starting as an intern which was from her big sisters.

After a couple of seconds Tori got the card out leaving it on the passenger side floor not wanting to take in the card to her new work place.

Then Tori grabbed her bag about to go in to the hospital when she was seen by a young man that clocked at her smiling so Tori smiled back. Something in that moment was history the two young interns were interested but neither of them knew why.

The both quietly walked inside to meet up with the rest of the group of interns.

"Each of you comes here by today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago, you were in med school being taught by doctors" he says taking them in an O.R. room letting them look around in awe "Today you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." Chief webber says when he finishes taking them to the locker room where they get changed and wait for their names to be called.

"Ok, Martin, Robinson, Bond, Hawkins." the random doctor calls out for interns.

"Only 6 women out of 20." Meredith tells the two women near her while looking around

"Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, that's gonna help with the respect thing?" Christina tells the new interns what she's heard.

"You're Victoria and Cristina, right?" Meredith asks.

"Patton, Monroe..." another resident calls out more names.

"Which resident are you assigned to? I got Bailey." Christina asks.

"The Nazi? Me too. What about you Victoria" Meredith said then asked Victoria.

"I've got Bailey too, I guess we'll be in the same group" Tori says with a smile.

Whilst the girls were talking about their resident Tori distracted herself seeing the guy she saw in the parking lot. She didn't know why she was so attracted but so was he.

"You got the Nazi? So did I" George said coming over to them "At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley. Uh we met at the, uh mixer. You had on a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals and...Now you think I'm gay" he says after seeing the different looks between Victoria, Meredith and Cristina "No, I'm not gay. It's-it's just that, uh you were...You were very unforgettable."

"O'Malley, Yang, Kingsley, Grey, Stevens and Shepherd." A resident calls out as they all head over to him

"Kingsley?" Tori asks him as Nate came up next to her.

"Yeah. Shepherd. I'm not the only one with a well known surgical surname.

"Tell me about it my sisters and my brother are all surgeons it's very hard but I'm able.