Chapter 14. Bring the Pain

Season 2 Episode 5

Bring the Pain

"You're drippin'." Dr. Bailey tells Cristina.

"I'm back. I just wanna make that clear. I'm back. I'm ready to work." Cristina says.

Nathaniel Kingsley and Victoria Shepherd quickly run in to their work; Seattle Grace Hospital to get to the intern locker room to get ready for work. When they were done they see the one and only Dr. Cristina Yang who is back.

Victoria Shepherd looks up see Addy appear in the doorway of the after tying her shoes then sees
Addison stand in the door, "Has anyone seen Dr. Shepherd this morning?" Addison asks.

Tori looks up and says "I'm here but I'm sure you mean Derek." Tori says and Addison nods her head.

"His name's on the O.R board. He should be here somewhere." Dr. Bailey says without turning to look at Addison. Dr. Bailey carries in looking at her clipboard before Addy walked away.

"I'm good. I'm ready to scrub in. I'm 100% on top of my game." Cristina tells the interns resident Dr. Bailey.

"You just got discharged. Pace yaself." Dr. Bailey tells Christina.

"I'm paced. I'm paced." Cristina Yang insists.

"Mmhm." Dr. Bailey hums.

"Rounds, people." Dr. Bailey says before her interns follow up after her.
__________________

The interns and their resident get to the first patient's room, Cristina presents.

"Dr. Bailey. Henry Lamott, age 42, is scheduled with Dr. Shepherd for a spinal implant to control the pain of his herniated disc. Is allergic to all pain medication ..." when the man on the bed raised the volume of the television.

The interns all turned to look at the tv screen, as Christina asks, "is that...?"

"Porn." The patient's wife answers the end of Christina's sentence.

"Porn?" Dr. Bailey says, looking up at the tv screen like her interns had, before screeching, "As in, porn?!"

"All right. What are we watching?" Alex says. All girls look back at him and Dr. Bailey pointed towards the door, "Karev, go stand in the hall."

The resident then turns back to the patient and his wife. "Uh, Mr. And Mrs. Lamott. I'm sure you are really nice people, and what you do in the privacy of your own ... Look, we can't have porn in here. This is a hospital." Dr. Bailey tells the patients.

"It's for my pain. My doc says it releases endorphins in the brain, and helps keep my pain at a manageable level." The patient says carrying on watching the screen.

"Really?" George and Nate both say.
Then the two boys get told to join Alex out in the hall by their resident.

The rest of the intern women all turn their heads to the screen, except from the youngest Victoria Shepherd who actually has never watched porn in her life time.

"What is this?" Izzie Stevens asks.

"Nasty, naughty nurses... Um, 4"