Chapter 13. Deny, Deny, Deny

Season 2 Episode 4

Deny, Deny, Deny

Victoria a shepherd sits between Meredith and Nathaniel as the interns are talking with George and Izzie at Joe's bar at a table. George comments as he opens a peanut,

"I don't know, when I left, Cristina said she was okay."

"Nobody goes through what she went through and is totally over it by now." Izzie says.

"Cristina can." George says.

"She's fine." Meredith says.

"Too fine. She's cold. "

"No, she's hardcore. She's got ice in her veins. She does what she has to do to get through it."

"Christina is a strong women that knows what she wants just like next week she was going to give up the right to bring the baby up but instead that was taken from her being in pain now from this situation." Victoria says and her boyfriend looked at her.

"She lost a baby. She lost a fallopian tube and she's acting like she doesn't even care. She's all "Hello, I'm totally fine person." Ok, she's my friend too but she's acting like she has no emotions or warmth, like she's missing a soul." Izzie says.

After Izzie Stevens words it made Nathaniel Kingsley look at his girlfriend if nearly two years. Who sadly lost her daughter six years ago.

"Christina will go through this and will feel emotions she didn't know she had and that's going to be struggle sometimes she may be emotional or angry this is what happens with mothers when they lose a child. Even if they didn't want them in the first place." Victoria Shepherd says. Before she's stands up to go leave the table to get herself another drink.

"God, she is going to make a great surgeon," George says.

"George." Izzie says

"It's true." George says.

"Some people just keep their feelings to themselves." Meredith says whilst Tori comes back to the table with her place of wine.

"You ok." Nathaniel Kingsley whispers in to his girlfriend who nods then they kiss quickly before stopping.

Meredith spots Derek entering the bar and sitting at the bar. Both Meredith and Tori take a look share a look before watching him.

__________________

"I want everyone focused today." Dr. Bailey told all of her interns as they started their rounds. "With Cristina out, we're short of an intern, and I have a feelin' it's gonna be one of those days. And, Karev, see the chief by the end of the day." Dr. Bailey says.

"What did he do now?" Meredith glanced at Tori and George as the three walked in front of Izzie and as they all followed Bailey and Alex down the stairs.

"Maybe he gave the chief syphilis." George joked as Dr. Bailey led her interns into a patient's room.

"They all look at me." The woman in the bed was telling the nurses and doctors that were gathered around her room as we walked in. "They're yelling, 'You're a doctor. Help him.' This is one time a PhD does no good."