Chapter 40. What I Am

Season 3 Episode 4

What I Am

Nate took Nala out for a walk whilst Tori carried on sleeping after a late work day in a surgery.

'Today would have been Poppy's fifth birthday sadly.' Victoria Shepherd-Kingsley thought to herself whilst her husband was out with Theo dog on a run.

"Hey babe your up now you okay?" Nate's says seeing his wife looking sad.

"Today would have been Poppy's fifth birthday." Tori says.

"Oh babe I'm so sorry I wish she was in our life together bringing her up I would have loved her as my daughter much as Christopher. I'm so sorry." Nate says kindly giving his wife a tight hug.

In the morning before work Tori and Nate after talking about Poppy they sat at the kitchen together.

" Do you think it's time to get a nanny for Chris if both of us needs to be at work?" Nate says.

"I never in my family because I'm youngest always had siblings but yeah I agree we would need need to find someone who has first aid ." Tori says.

"Yes I agree we'll we will find somebody soon " Nate says.

"Also we have to get ready for a party for Christopher's first birthday I can't believe he's nearly 1 "

"Yeah I known crazy and one more thing should we set up a house party before everyone goes crazy at the party then?" Nate says.

"Great idea let's think about it later let's get ready then wake up Christopher." Tori says.

"Hey V. " Nate says when he sees his wife playing with their son.

"Yeah?" Victoria says.

"V I know this may be the worse thing I'm going to say now today hearing about Poppy but I thought I'd ask. Do you think Chris might want a sibling at some point." Nate asks his wife.

"Your thinking about that too maybe we think about it after we finish intern years." Tori says.

"That's good let's get to work before Bailey gets annoyed." Nate says. But stops quickly kisses his wife before they get ready.
__________________

Everyone gets ready for the day in the locker room, and Meredith, looking very sickly, swallows down a big gulp of Pepto.

"Hey you not feeling well?" Tori says as she sees Meredith with the Pepto.

"No I'm fine thanks V." Meredith says.

"So Izzie left the house this morning. That's a good sign." George says.

" Yeah." Alex says.

Just then Nate walked in the room to get ready since he dropped off him and Tori's son.

"Hey was he good when you left the daycare?" Victoria asked her husband.

"Yeah he was good the moment he saw Bailey's son they started playing together." Nate tells Tori who smiled.

"Are you okay? "George asks Meredith.

"I'm just... not feeling like myself." Meredith answers George's question.

"O'Malley has that effect on Women. Ask Dr. Torres." Alex says.

" What's that supposed to mean? " George asks Alex.

" You threw her out on her ass." Alex answers George's question.

" I did not. Who told you that?

"Torres. Don't worry. I get it. She's hot... but she's not for you." Alex says.