AZI Volume 5 Chapter 1

"..."

"..."

Flexing their items in their hands, Long Hua and Mo-laoban seemed to have taken their eyes off each other, but they would still occasionally exchange a glare.

"555,000 NWDs! Going once, going twice-"

Raising his placard, which is labeled ten, Bai Wen calls—

"850,000!"

"...Uh."

"An increase of 295,000..."

The abrupt raise causes everyone who was bidding on the pot of cherry blossom wine to turn speechless.

"Ai, these fifth-floor tycoons..."

"I wonder how many excavation rights those guys will buy?"

Eventually, the podium is hammered, signaling Bai Wen's victory in this bid.

For practitioners, mortal realm currency truly isn't worth much.

In fact, the highest value mortal realm currency probably isn't even able to measure up to half the value of one spirit stone.

"..."

Setting his fan aside, and staring at the black jadeite flute in his hand, Long Hua thought—

(Ai, it's been a while since I've played a flute. I wonder if I still have the skills for it?)

Positioning the flute's embouchure hole close to his lips, Long Hua slowly begins to refamiliarize himself with the instrument by pressing his fingers onto the tone holes with a specific tune in mind.

"..."

Seeing the clumsy way in which Long Hua is handling the flute, Mo-laoban inwardly shakes her head.

(Long-shao, can you stop provoking elder sister?)

Thinking of this, Nuo'er heaves a sigh, while Mo-laoban wanting to confirm things once and for all, asks—

"Nuo'er, that guy is Bai Wen's new friend, right?"

"Indeed. His name is Long Hua. I tend to call him Long-shao."

"And he's also the thief that I'm looking for."

"Uh..."

Instead of answering, Nuo'er's expression turns awkward, as she replies—

"...Elder sister, it wouldn't do to demolish your own restaurant. Think of the workers' livelihoods."

Being reminded of this, Mo-laoban clicks her tongue.

Most of the workers at the Lan Si Restaurant were former residents of the wastelands. They were allowed into the city due to their employment here.

As for who these individuals had been—when they were residents of the Everlasting Spirit Realm, their practitioner life circumstances were somewhat similar to Yao Ying.

Generally speaking, these people were involved with infighting within their organizations of belonging, or personal enemies of theirs having placed a bounty on their heads to throw them into this world.

That being said, Nuo'er had originally wanted to send Yao Ying to work here. However, abruptly throwing a child into an unfamiliar environment with numerous strangers around, it didn't seem appropriate; hence, the Mirror Moon Café, a smaller setting had been selected instead.

.........

"Hmm."

Glancing at Long Hua—thinking that he is about to provoke Mo-laoban again, Bai Wen and Zhen Qing Huai can't help but look forward to it with bated breaths.