AZI Volume 6 Chapter 35

(What kind of situation is this?)

Looking between Li Xue and Ye Chen, Qing Yue suddenly feels like she's on the set of a live drama.

In response to the ongoing situation, Shen Le, Ling Yi, and Chang Ye thought—

(This is practically no different from that live drama that I was watching a week ago.)

(Is this the part where a quarrel occurs?)

(What the hell did we even come here for?)

Watching the two's silent interaction, the depressing mood seemingly vanishes, and is replaced with anticipation for what may happen next.

"..."

Picking up a glass of cola and taking a sip, Ye Chen knows that it is utterly meaningless to continue hiding anything anymore, hence—

"...When I came to inform you of your father's death, I told you that I was the one who killed him. Prior to Colonel Li's death, I was still a rash idiot. I saw an Immortal and challenged them—only to get my ass beaten. Had Colonel Li and the others not rushed over, I would have died. Just to save my sorry ass, the entire squad had to die for it. So, in a way, I did kill your father. ...That face you made when I broke the news to you, you look like you didn't want to live another second."

Having said all this, Ye Chen feels like a heavy weight had just been cast off his shoulders, as he sets his glass down, whereas Li Xue says—

"And because of that, you made yourself the target of my revenge. By having a target that I can physically chase after, I would feel the will to live again, is that right?"

"Basically."

"I see."

Nodding her head, Li Xue also picks up a glass of cola and takes a sip.

Draining the entirety of the glass in one go, Li Xue sets it down, and—

"Real heroic of you."

Saying this, Li Xue socks Ye Chen in the face.

"..."

"..."

As Li Xue moves her fist away from his swollen cheek, Ye Chen presses a hand to it. With the former having controlled her strength, no molars came loose.

"That's payback for all these years that you've hidden everything from me, along with getting my father indirectly killed."

Rubbing his cheek, and pressing a cold glass against it, Ye Chen asks—

"And just like that, you'd forgive me?"

"Hell no. You're going to be helping me get my actual revenge."

Raising a subtle frown, Ye Chen remarks—

"...Easier said than done. In case you've forgotten, I got my ass handed to me again. Also..."

As embarrassing as it is to admit to this, Ye Chen feels the need to be perfectly honest with Li Xue on this matter, so—

"I was actually glad that—that Immortal had left after dealing with that Sinner."

"...Un."

Having to agree with this herself, Li Xue replies—

"Aren't we all?"

With this topic being brought up again, the mood dampens once more.

"..."

Ignoring the mood, Long Hua picks up a plastic dining knife, and looms it over the large cake. In the next instance, his hand blurs, as he performs a casual cleave with the utensil.

"...?"

Blinking his eyes, Chang Ye—who has been maintaining an expression of absentmindedness so far, shows evident surprise, as Long Hua picks up a slice of the cake, and places it onto a plate.

Taking a plate, and attempting to pick up a slice with a fork—

(This is...-! H-He managed to cut the entire cake with a single cleave? No... The speed of his movement was simply too fast to keep track of. The precision of these cuts as well... Even though the knife's blade is uneven, not a single bit of the cake's body had been deformed.)

Thinking of all this, Chang Ye is astonished to discover how easy it is to lift a cake slice.

Turning to Long Hua with a light of admiration in his eyes, Chang Ye asks—

"Long-laoban, you're actually quite proficient with a sword, aren't you?"

"So-so."

Chewing up the bit of cake in his mouth, Long Hua remarks—

"It's quite rare that I actually feel generous enough to host a celebration. What's up with this mood? None of you are willing to give face to the money that I'm spending here, is that it?"

Hearing this, the mood shifts towards awkwardness.

Momentarily—

"Ai... I guess, having lived through that situation is something worth celebrating over."

Towards Ye Chen's remark, Li Xue replies—

"So, you're saying my birthday isn't worth celebrating over? And it's just an afterthought?"

"That's...- It's all the same, what's the point of differentiating significance?"

"Cheap words from a cheap man."

"..."

Amidst Ye Chen and Li Xue's exchange, Qing Yue throws a glance at Long Hua with a light of suspicion in her eyes. This situation seems incredibly odd and unbefitting of Long Hua's usual behavior.

(*-laoban, just what are you doing?)

Ignoring the Tai Xuan Emperor, Long Hua picks up the food menu and telephone. As soon as the call connects, he says—

"Room 15, items one through five, aside from those—I want one of everything that is on the menu."

"Uh?"

"...?"

Simultaneously, all eyes turn to Long Hua, and towards the stares that he is receiving, he says—

"Since it's a celebration, it's only appropriate to liven things up with a bit more food, isn't it?"