AZI Volume 5 Chapter 55

"..."

Raising his right hand, Ye Chen recalls his Relic, and dismisses it.

"Surnamed Long, I expect a souvenir! Also, expect some bombardments happening tomorrow!"

Shouting this down towards the base floor, Ye Chen momentarily turns the other way and leaves.

(All that damage...)

(It's already mended most of it.)

Looking at the weapon spirit that is currently mending its damaged body, the others decided that it isn't worth attempting to subjugate it right now.

.........

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua shuts the door behind him.

"..."

The room's appearance isn't anything grand, nor is its size especially spacious.

The shape of it is that of a square with light luminating crystals embedded into the four walls, and in the center of the room, Long Hua sees—

"This is...? Lord Tian She Zi? Or...? Hmm..."

Tilting her head, Tian Cheng remarks—

"There are differences, but that mask is far too similar to be a coincidence..."

The giant statue of Lord Tian She Zi measures at a height of three meters.

And just as Tian Cheng had pointed out; similarly, to the wooden sculpture of this deity—that is currently in the Mirrored Moon Café, the face of the stone statue is covered by a half-faced taotie mask, while also being depicted to be dressed in an archaic set of robes.

However, different from the wooden sculpture, this one had twin serpents coiling upwards from the statue's feet. Other than that, it is holding a spear in its right hand.

"What is this doing here though?"

Towards Long Hua's question, Tian Cheng remarks—

"Maybe the stand outside is meant to be a spot to place offerings?"

"So, they were offering Spirit Extracts to this deity? In that case, this tiny room is basically a shrine."

For this deity to even have a shrine, it's quite clear that ancient weapon spirits had probably placed a great deal of importance on the worship of this deity.

"...Anything on the internet?"

"None at this time. However, if more ruins contain these statues, we might begin seeing some theories appearing here and there?"

"Nothing concrete then..."

Feeling like he had wasted his time coming into here, Long Hua had the urge to kick this statue into pieces.

"Hmm. Surnamed Ye wanted a souvenir..."

Drawing out Shui Yue, Long Hua looks at the statue's neck.

Swinging the sword, Long Hua severs the statue's head off.

Catching the head, Long Hua tosses it in his hand before storing both his weapon and the head away.

"The severed head of a deity shouldn't be too bad, right?"

(*-laoban, what if you get cursed by this deity?)

Shrugging a shoulder, Long Hua replies—

"There's something called a first come, first serve. I'm already cursed, what's another going to do to me at this point?"

Blinking her eyes within the dreamscape, the Tai Xuan Emperor replies—

(...True.)

.........

Outside of the shrine—

*Aaaaaaaaaaaannnn!!!!!* the weapon spirit raises an enraged roar towards the ceiling.

If one looks closely at the weapon spirit's forehead at this time, they might be able to see a faint trace of red present.

But rather quickly, this trace of red vanishes, as the weapon spirit crawls back to the center of the room and coils itself up.

.........

The next day, during the daytime hours—

"So this is how the inside of a ruin looks like?"

"It's a whole other world here..."

Following the reactivation of the ruins' teleportation magic array, the first island's rift—that leads to the outside world, has returned as well.

At the same time, murals have risen out of the island's grounds, and through these murals, teleportation between the islands can be conducted.

"Careful with that crate, it's fragile!"

"The equipment in this case is especially sensitive, be prepared to pay up if it gets damaged!"

"..."

"..."

Standing to the side of the rift are Yun You and Wu Xiao, as they watch the weapon spirits of various factions—rush into the ruins, to deliver bombardment-related supplies and various equipment from the outside world.

The majority of the items being delivered take on the form of artillery shells that can be fired off a mortar.

However, the most eye catching of these supplies and equipment—would have to be the ones that come from Dainsfield.

Puffing out a smoke, Yun You glances at one of Dainsfield's equipment, and remarks—

"Looks like a crude iron casket."

Measuring at a height of two meters with a width of one and a half meter—is an armored cryostasis unit.

Inside of the unit is Li, who currently isn't able to see, nor hear anything that is happening around her.

"...I heard that they're calling this thing, the Heaven's Blade?"

"Hah..."

A chuckle comes from Yun You upon hearing Wu Xiao's remark, as he asks—

"Funny, ain't it?"

Beside the crude iron casket is a bullet-shaped device, which measures at a height of six meters.

The outer layer of this device is covered by a total of eight panels; and sandwiched inside of these panels are cooling fins, which are supposed to keep the device operational during use.

Located at the top of the bullet-shaped structure is a mouth surrounded by a golden ring. Naturally, this mouth is where the laser that is called the Heaven's Blade was supposed to be fired from.

Replying to Yun You's remark, Wu Xiao mutters—

"Utter arrogance, is more like it."

"Agreed."

Tossing the finished cigarette aside, Yun You cracks his neck. It's been some time since he last saw any bit of action, hence his mood is on the high side right now.

Currently, the employees of Dainsfield are surrounding the two pieces of equipment that they have brought in for the task of subjugating the main island's fully Apotheosized weapon spirit.

The moment everything checks out, these two pieces of equipment will be the first to get moved over to the main island.

However, not knowing how the teleportation magic array might affect the equipment of Dainsfield, the task of moving them shall be done via a fleet of helicopters.

Other than being used as a means to transport the equipment, the helicopters will also be used to drop the larger bombs onto the fully Apotheosized weapon spirit later on.

"So, elder sister, you aren't going to head over to the main island, and search for brother-in-law?"

"I'm only here to spectate."

"I heard the treasure room is separate from the target's coordinates."