AZI Volume 5 Epilogue - One Glares Down, One Glares Up

*Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!* raising a cry of immense pain, the colossal trident gradually punctures through the pale white weapon spirit's head!

Momentarily—

*Boom!!!!!!* akin to a puppet with its strings severed, the massive body of the weapon spirit falls—sending a tremor throughout the entirety of the ruins!

Following the pale white weapon spirit's fall, the sea water is displaced, and a portion of it floods the first island, as several weapon spirits and supplies are dragged out into the open waters.

As for those who had managed to avoid being dragged off by the waters—

"..."

"..."

Tension-filled silence looms over the air, as all eyes turn to the level six Immortal, a Nascent Soul realm practitioner with sheer dread.

(How did General Zhou managed to kill one of these things in the past?)

Those in the know, all of them raised this question within their heads.

To them, Qing Yu Long—who is able to single-handedly defeat with the pale white weapon spirit on his own, might as well be a deity incarnated at this time.

"..."

Making a grasping gesture, Qing Yu Long retrieves the trident, and as it gradually returns to him, its size begins to shrink.

By the time Qing Yu Long wraps his right hand around the weapon's shaft, it has already returned to being two meters in length.

"..."

Looking down at the despairing weapon spirits with a dispassionate light in his eyes, Qing Yu Long is just about to leave; however—

"Hm?"

A figure dressed in dark armor leaps into the skies, and—

*Klang!!!* meeting the weapon spirit's strike that is reinforced with gravity manipulation, Qing Yu Long manages to hold his ground with effortless ease.

"It was you!"

"...?"

Not knowing what this weapon spirit is talking about by these words, Qing Yu Long swings the trident lightly—throwing the weapon spirit back!

*Boom!!!!!* landing onto the ground, and opening up a crater, Ye Chen—who has much of his armor shattered, spews out a mouthful of blood.

"..."

As his armor begins to regenerate, Ye Chen pushes himself off the ground.

With a pale complexion on her face, Li Xue asks—

"...Ye Chen, what are you doing?"

"..."

Ignoring Li Xue's question, Ye Chen raises his weapon in preparation to charge at Qing Yu Long again.

"..."

Spinning the trident in his hand, Qing Yu Long glares coldly at Ye Chen—who has regenerated his armor fully.

"I don't have time for this."

It isn't clear as to what Qing Yu Long had just said, but Ye Chen can tell that the former does not think highly of him.

In front of a deity like Qing Yu Long, Ye Chen knows that he may as well be but a mere insect—causing the latter to grit his teeth hard enough to draw blood.

"..."

"..."

As one glares down and one glares up, silence looms between the two.