AZI Volume 6 Chapter 7

"..."

As much as Yao Ying wished to say that Bai Wen's claim is only hearsay, she knows she doesn't have any rights to do so.

As the youngest at this table, Yao Ying's life experience is very minimal compared to the others—making anything that comes out of her mouth to be nothing more than a show of her naivete.

Raising a subtle sigh, Long Hua asks—

"So, why are you bringing this topic up to me now of all times, Lao Bai?"

"Shouldn't it be obvious, Lao Long? I have another goal in life—if my first goal is achieved."

"You want to make a run for it before the impending storm hits?"

"Exactly."

Picking up his cup, Bai Wen downs the drink, while Long Hua asks—

"Does Lao Zhen know about this?"

Setting the cup down, and refilling it, Bai Wen raises his right eye—in response to Long Hua calling Zhen Qing Huai as "Lao Zhen."

(Something amusing must have happened between those two.)

Dismissing the matter for now, Bai Wen answers—

"He has far too much on his own plate to think about."

"So not telling him is considered mercy?"

"Something like that. But he would probably notice it sooner or later."

Leaning back in his chair, Bai Wen continues to say—

"Lao Long, you've been making preparations to establish a good footing in the Everlasting Spirit Realm lately. Talking to you about this right now, it's my attempt to establish a good foundation for a getaway plan."

Turning the ceramic cup in his hand, Long Hua says—

"Sure, go build yourself an ark."

"I can't do it alone."

"Making contact with Lao Zhen—someone who probably isn't that high up in their family's pecking order, that was also a part of your preparations for this plan, wasn't it?"

"To some degree yes. Lao Zhen... He has the skills needed to amass resources and wealth; all he lacks is a good backer, who can set the stage for him."

With a smile of amusement on his face, Long Hua remarks—

"The merchant boarded a pirate ship without realizing it."

"Don't call it a pirate ship. Call it... A lifeboat?"

Shrugging a shoulder, Long Hua says—

"Problem is—that old tortoise's barrier."

"Lao Long, I believe you probably got something to deal with it."

"..."

Sipping the cherry blossom wine, and allowing its sour taste to gradually sweeten inside of his mouth, Long Hua answers—

"...Sure. Just give me every bit of cultivation resources that you have, and wait for me to raise my cultivation base to the level of that old tortoise. After that, I can smash right through that barrier."

"Easier said than done... Ai..."

Shaking his head, Bai Wen decides to put this matter on hold, as he sets his cup down, and picks up his chopsticks; however—

"Bai-daren."

"...!"

Hearing this voice, Yao Ying's shoulders turned stiff.

"Hm?"

Tilting his head, and looking pass Long Hua, Bai Wen asks—

"And who are you?"

Dressed in black robes over a grey layer, Qing Ming Yang cups his hands together and bows, while introducing himself as—

"Qing family bloodline branch's Qing Ming Yang."

"Oh? And...-?"

Seeing how badly wounded Xia Ri'er's face is, Bai Wen feels awkward to even ask, as he clears his throat.

"Errr... The one in purple is named Xia Ri'er."

Doing the introductions for Xia Ri'er, Qing Ming Yang goes on to say—

"You'll have to excuse her current appearance. She and I... Uh, we ran into a thug before coming here."

"Oh...?"

As far as Bai Wen is aware of, there is only one person who could have done this, and—

"Mm..."

In a nonchalant manner, Long Hua eats a dumpling, and washes it downs with a cup of wine.

(*-laoban, you actually met up with the two—who threw that little girl into this world, and even beaten them up. Can you still say you don't have a fated connection with her?)

"..."

Ignoring the Tai Xuan Emperor, Long Hua picks up a bit of rice, along with a piece of chicken, prior to downing them both.

Due to Long Hua having never shown them his face in his male form, neither Qing Ming Yang nor Xia Ri'er would be able to recognize him—even if he were to turn his back around.

"..."

Noticing how pale Yao Ying's complexion is, Nuo'er—who had heard the two visitors' names, has already connected the dots.

(As expected of Lao Long, no mercy to even a woman.)

Thinking of this, Bai Wen asks—

"So, what have you two come here for?"

"Elder Hou told us to contact the Four Pillars, and ask them if there's been anything unusual within the Leng Bing Realm lately. That also includes asking Bai-daren yourself."

"Hmm, unusual things in the realm lately, is it?"

Picking up a piece of meat, Bai Wen chews, while contemplating.

The only thing unusual in the Leng Bing Realm lately is Long Hua. Other than him—

"..."

Glancing at Nuo'er, Bai Wen thought—

(Ai, this situation... Must be quite thrilling for the Chen Shi family's little girl.)

Turning to Nuo'er, Qing Ming Yang says—

"I ask that Lady Nuo'er see if you're able to recall anything unusual as well."

Towards the request, Nuo'er answers—

"Of all the times that you two can choose to visit, why during dinner?"

"Uh..."

Putting on an awkward expression, Qing Ming Yang scratches his cheek.

"...And this is?"

"..."

Hearing Xia Ri'er speak in a rough tone, while feeling the former's eyes being directed upon the back of her head, Yao Ying's expression freezes.

Her pink hair, which contains a few strands of silver is far too unique—making it impossible for her to hide her identity.

"Chen Shi Yao Ying, is it?"

"..."

Towards Qing Ming Yang calling her by her full name, Yao Ying turns her head to the side.