AZI Volume 6 Chapter 17

Outside of the third ward's airport—

"..."

Moving into the rear seating compartment of the electric sports car, Yu Ji sets a basketball-sized cube down on the seat beside her.

Currently, she is wearing a sleeveless black shirt with a pair of baggy white pants. And to cover her face a bit more, she is also donning a pair of tinted sunglasses.

Blinking his eyes in response to Yu Ji's current attire, Long Hua asks—

"So, how does it feel to be a wanted fugitive?"

"...Not very good."

"..."

Upon Tian Cheng entering the passenger seat, the dihedral doors of the vehicle closed automatically, while Yu Ji asks—

"Mind stopping by the hospital first?"

Due to how busy the hospitals in the nearest Grounded City had been—as a result of the damage caused by the pale white weapon spirit, Yu Ji wasn't able to give Li a more thorough examination.

"..."

Upon Long Hua turning to her, Tian Cheng says—

"Her condition is on the stabler side, but I would still recommend a hospital visit, master."

"I see."

Setting the coordinates for the hospital run by NPI, Long Hua leans back in his seat, as the car begins to move on autopilot.

"Has Dainsfield...-?"

Glancing at Yu Ji, Long Hua answers—

"You're worth 10,000,000 NWDs for destroying their so-called Heaven's Blade, and for stealing their secondary equipment."

"..."

An unpleasant expression appears on Yu Ji's face upon being informed that Li was treated as the satellite weapon's "secondary equipment."

"So, what will you do from now on? Ideally, I'd want you to just stay put."

Towards Long Hua's question and remark, Yu Ji answers—

"...As much as I want to say that I'll get back at that surnamed Jing for putting Li through that mess, I... I don't have the strength to make him pay."

"Surnamed Jing?"

"Jing Yuandong, the CEO of Dainsfield."

"And that surnamed Duanmu?"

Narrowing her eyes, Yu Ji replies—

"...Secondary."

With Duanmu Chen being a veteran employee of Dainsfield, Yu Ji figured that it must have been him who had contacted Jing Yuandong for permission to deploy the Heaven's Blade.

(...If he was the one who caused this mess, he's just as guilty. Still, even without him, that surnamed Jing would have wanted to deploy Li and that weapon eventually. As for the others who may be involved...)

Heaving a sigh, Yu Ji shakes her head. There were far too many people for her to keep track of.

"For the time being, I'm willing to sit still. But... Not having something to do—it makes me feel anxious."

"Well, I guess you can finally fulfil your dreams of working at a restaurant."

Towards Long Hua's remark, Yu Ji had the urge to laugh, and replies—

"Might not be so bad to just work like a normal person for a bit."

.........

Fifth ward—