AZI Volume 6 Chapter 38

"...!"

As Chen Lan endures the electrifying pain, the Relic in front of him begins to undergo a subtle transformation.

*...!* in a malleable manner, the blade's curve straightens, and stretches to around four feet in length.

And following the white light's dissipation, a straight blade with its handle wrapped in red cloth is revealed.

"..."

Taking hold of his reformed Relic, which possesses a blade that is as dark as the night, Chen Lan shouts the name that came to his mind, being—

"Gū Xún! (孤寻)"

Thin plates of black armor manifest around Chen Lan, and within the blink of an eye, these armor plates latched themselves onto his body.

Different from the Weapon Spirit True Bodies that have been seen so far, Chen Lan's doesn't possess a helmet.

Instead, a black mask that covers the lower portion of his face is present. Other than that, a long red scarf that reaches pass his waist wraps around Chen Lan's neck.

"Ah this...?"

"Partial-Apotheosis just from consumption?"

Other than the members of the Ashen River Hall, practically everyone had stood up from their seats in response to the situation.

"..."

Unsurprised by this outcome, Long Hua places a hand onto Chen Lan's left shoulder, and remarks—

"Not bad."

"Ancestor, I...?"

Turning to Long Hua, Chen Lan has a bit of moisture in his eyes.

For a denizen of the inner domain, being able to trigger their Weapon Spirit True Body state is considered the first step to becoming a core member of the hall.

Which is to say, henceforth, Chen Lan's status in the hall will definitely be different.

Towards Chen Lan, who is being emotional, Long Hua coldly replies—

"Get off the stage, then you can cry your ass off."

"Ah!"

Applying strength into his right hand, Long Hua abruptly throws Chen Lan off the stage, and has him land near Shao Tianming's feet.

"..."

Glancing down at Chen Lan, who had involuntarily deactivated his Weapon Spirit True Body state, Shao Tianming shakes his head, and says—

"Chen Lan, once we get back, prepare yourself for some training."

"Uh... U-Understood."

Prior to becoming a genuine core member of the hall, Chen Lan will have to get accustomed to his Weapon Spirit True Body state.

"Right, moving on."

Without waiting for the audience to recover from their state of shock—at seeing the extract's effect, Long Hua reaches into the red box again.

This time, he takes a bit longer to pull the paper slip up.

"What number will it be next?"

"C'mon, be my number."

Grabbing one slip, Long Hua pulls his hand out of the box, and announces—

"Number twenty-three."

"Oh? Mine, is it?"

Simultaneously, all eyes turned to the source of this voice, and seeing who it is, Long Hua raises an eye, and remarks—

"Surnamed Li?"

Wanting to see how much these Spirit Extracts would go for, both Ye Chen and Li Xue had dropped by the restaurant.

"..."

Picking up a bottle, Long Hua tosses it towards Li Xue.

"Hey!"

Caught by surprise, Li Xue widens her eyes.

And in the next instance, she leaps out of her seat in a hurry, while reaching her hand out for the ceramic bottle.

Upon successfully catching the bottle, Li Xue turns to Long Hua, and asks—

"Long-laoban, what would have happened if I didn't catch it?"

"Then you either lick the content off the ground, or say goodbye to it."

"..."

Responding with an unamused frown, Li Xue uncaps the bottle, and downs the contents.

Similarly to Chen Lan, Li Xue's Relic also manifests in front of her, and gritting her teeth—to endure the electrifying pain, the light-radiating Relic begins to transform.

Under the shroud of light, the most noticeable change would have to be the weapon's spearhead, which is currently splitting itself into two.

"..."

And rather quickly, the radiant shroud dissipates—revealing a double-headed spear with a pale blue shaft.

"Li Xue?"

Walking over, Ye Chen raised a look of concern, to which, Li Xue replies—

"I'm fine. I...-"

Pressing a hand to her temple, Li Xue massages her head lightly, and adds—

"I also know the thing that I need to say to activate my Partial-Apotheosis state."

Dismissing her Relic, Li Xue forms a fist. Compared to a moment ago, she feels evidently stronger than before.

"Well then, the effects of the extracts are as clear as day."

Addressing the crowd, Long Hua goes on to add—

"Same rules as the previous auction. Although... I do accept rare metals and minerals, along with artifacts as payment—if NWDs aren't your strong suit. Other than that—according to a creditable source of mine, Spirit Extracts can be consumed more than once. The significance of this... Well, all of you are smart, right? I need not say it aloud, I'd assume?"

"..."

Hearing this, Shao Tianming twitches his lips. This is something that is well-known within the Ashen River Hall.

"Can be consumed more than once?"

"If a Sinner can be strengthened further...?"

As if they had finally found the light representing hope, Yang Ning and Dan Hong's eyes gave off a radiant shine.

(If a single Sinner is able to consume multiple Spirit Extracts, then their strength...- Will they eventually be comparable to a level six Immortal, however... Can such a Sinner still maintain their sanity?)

Just as Yang Ning is thinking of this, Long Hua turns to Shao Tianming, and asks—

"Surnamed Shao, your hall has experience with such matters, right? Why not be a bit more open about such details?"

"..."

Being called out, Shao Tianming puts on an unpleasant expression, and simply says—

"...In the inner domain, we have a handful of people, who are capable of defeating a level six Immortal."