AZI Volume 6 Chapter 48

"Don't want to be a carp—raised in an artificial pond, only to wait for someone else to feed you?"

Smiling faintly at Yao Ying, while also finding her current mindset amusing, Long Hua asks—

"Do you believe yourself to have leaped through the dragon's gate after killing that surnamed Xia?"

Towards this question, Yao Ying shakes her head, and says—

"Nuo'er said, you're someone who moves for benefits. I can't provide you with any benefits myself, but if I ask my maternal grandfather, he can surely offer you something. However... If I rely on him, I'd still just continue to be a carp."

"In that case, what do you want to do by coming here? In your current state, any of the weapon spirits here will be able to kill you."

Glancing at Qing Ming Yang, Long Hua adds—

"In fact, you're standing in front of death right now. Surnamed Qing's main objective in returning here was to kill you. And comically, you ended up delivering yourself right to him."

"..."

Using his connection to his weapon, Qing Ming Yang has the jade sword appear in his right hand.

"..."

Having this pointed out, Yao Ying also finds the situation somewhat comical. Maybe, she truly isn't destined to live a long life, or be able to make anything of herself. In that case—

"..."

Turning to Qing Ming Yang, Yao Ying says—

"Make your move then, Qing Ming Yang."

"..."

Seeing the determined gleam in Yao Ying's pale purple eyes, Qing Ming Yang parts his lips with a hint of surprise, and remarks—

"I'll make it painless."

A helpless chuckle comes from Yao Ying, as she closes her eyes—fully intent on accepting her death.

"..."

Positioning his blade to the side of Yao Ying's neck, Qing Ming Yang prepares himself to sever her head in a single swing.

*Guuu...!*

"..."

As lightning flashes from above, Long Hua looks up at the dark clouds.

In the same instance, Qing Ming Yang swings his sword, and just as the blade is an inch away from digging into Yao Ying's neck—

*Bang!!!* a bolt of white lightning falls from above, and lands directly onto Qing Ming Yang.

"...Hack.........!"

As Qing Ming Yang puffs smoke out of his mouth, he takes three steps backwards, and drops his weapon.

"...What kind of situation is this?"

Astonished by what had just happened, Lin Yu Heng also raised his head towards the dark heavens.

In that instance—

"Oh?"

"Uh?"

Two colossal spheres of lightning loom in the sky, and surrounding them are dark clouds, which have joined together to form a shape that is reminiscent of a person's face.

Due to the areas near this face's eyes being surrounded by thicker clouds, it made it seem as if the face was wearing a mask.

*...! ...! ...!* as the face formed of dark clouds opens its mouth, words in an unknown tongue are spoken.

(I see. So, this is what that surnamed Shao was talking about. By weapon spirits' standards, this ruin should be a grade five.)

Treating this face to be a representation of a humanoid projection, Long Hua is quick to draw this conclusion.

"This face should be modeled after one of the foreign realm powerhouses. Seems like the rumors are true after all."

"..."

Following Lin Yu Heng's remark, Qing Ming Yang recovers from his astonishment, and looking to Yao Ying, he retrieves his jade sword with the intent to cut her down; however—

*Bang!!!* once more another bolt of lightning falls upon Qing Ming Yang, and towards this situation that can no longer be considered a coincidence, Lin Yu Heng says—

"Seems like this remnant will doesn't wish for this girl to die. Qing-xiong, give it up for now."

"..."

*Klang...! Thud...* falling onto his knees for the third time today, tears leak out of Qing Ming Yang's eyes, but because of the rain, not a single person can actually see them.

"Why? Why is life so difficult for me? What am I even here for? Just to suffer?"

(This little girl... I guess she could be considered a Chosen Child of the Heaven as well?)

Towards the Tai Xuan Emperor's remark, Long Hua heaves a sigh.

If Yao Ying is the Chosen Child of the Heaven instead of him, then wouldn't this trip be a waste of time for him?

(I should just dismiss that stupid idea about a Chosen Child of the Heaven completely...)

Thinking of this, Long Hua continues to stare at the face—formed of dark clouds and lightning.

.........

Beneath the grounds of the Serpent Deity Village is a large catacomb, and within the main chamber of this catacomb, a large gravestone—measuring at three meters in height, stands.

In front of the gravestone is a moss-covered stone casket.

Lacking in decorative patterns, the casket itself looks rather plain—giving one the impression that the individual it holds was a person without much status.

The grounds of the chamber are thoroughly covered in pale blue flowers, which are giving off a faint glow, while the ceiling has a giant crystal cluster embedded into it to serve as a make-shift light source.

"..."

A semi-transparent figure manifests above the stone casket's lid.

This figure possesses long black hair and red eyes, and is dressed in a white set of robes.

Her name is Xú Tiān Kūn (徐天坤), and she is the owner of this gravestone and casket.

Raising her head, and peering pass the chamber's ceiling to see the outside world, Xu Tian Kun mutters—

"Seems like our village's entrance being revealed to the outside world wasn't a mere coincidence. And the fact that Lord Tian She Zi's face has revealed itself... Is it time for our village to venture outwards?"

Contemplating for a bit, Xu Tian Kun pats the stone lid beneath her. One of the items inside of the casket is calling out to its potential owner.