AZI Volume 5 Chapter 30

"..."

Upon entering the hunting grounds, Long Hua sees that not much has changed.

The colossal white serpent is still there, and the skies here are still just as filled with dark clouds as before; not even the island's size has seen any changes.

"So, what exactly changed in this world?"

[I've thrown all my past experimental subjects into this world, and separated them by zones. In this zone, you shall encounter your predecessors that have taken on a more aquatic type of evolution.]

"..."

Attempting to spread his divine senses outwards, and finding it to be possible, Long Hua widens his eyes.

Surrounding this island—within the seas, are a massive number of scale-bodied lifeforms.

Some had more than one head.

Some had more than two eyes.

Some had statures akin to a small mountain.

Some had forms that resembled a human more than a beast.

Regardless, all these creatures have no uniformed appearance, and are all unique in their own ways.

"Out."

Summoning the White Serpent King, Long Hua also draws out Shui Yue, to which, the unpleasant individual remarks—

[Excited, are you? Before you go off, let me explain some things.]

"Go on."

[Hmm. What would be a good way to describe this? Ah, let us use the terminologies of a game, shall we?]

"Hm?"

[Per kill, you shall be granted EXP.]

An odd look appears on Long Hua's face in response to this, as he asks—

"If this is a video game, does that mean that there is a boss for each zone?"

[Indeed. Killing these existences will grant you resources in the form of magic treasures, or special elixirs. However, the main purpose of the hunting grounds is for you to fill up your EXP bar, and gain mutation points.]

"Mutation points?"

Upon Long Hua asking this, an interface appears in front of him—making this situation even more game like.

What is being displayed on this interface are three things—mutation points and the EXP bar itself that is currently labeled zero out of a hundred, along with a tree diagram.

[Let's call this the evolution interface. The tree diagram displays the path that you can take, along with the mutation point cost to take that route. Still, most of the options are more akin to abilities rather than actual evolutions, which exist at the far bottom. In any case, keep in mind that once a path is taken, you cannot undo it.]

"So, filling the EXP bar grants me a mutation point, and using these points, I can decide on my abilities that will eventually lead to an evolution, right?"

[Indeed. Well then, I shall leave you to it, my masterpiece.]

As the unpleasant individual's presence vanishes completely, the aquatic beasts begin to leave the seas, and step onto the island.

"Won't be able to keep track of time without Tian Cheng here..."

(Leave it to your reliable Tai Xuan Emperor then.)

"No choice, I guess..."

(Quit sounding so reluctant, I've been meaning to ask, but what is up with this difference in treatment?!)

"Scammers deserve no respect."

Replying to the Tai Xuan Emperor as such, Long Hua charges forth with the White Serpent King behind him.

And towards the enemies up ahead, Long Hua throws out an Immortal Suppression Palm.

Compared to the past, the size of the dark handprint is noticeably larger, and as it pushes its way into the crowd—

*Boom! Boom! Boom!* everything in its path is turned into a haze of blood, and just as the dark handprint approaches a humanoid covered in scales with a serpentine head—

*Boom!!!*

"Hm?"

Long Hua raises an eye in seeing the dark handprint being stopped, and shattered in a single strike.

"..."

Rotating the Tranquil Heart Incantation, along with the Yin and Yang Cloud Ink Incantation, Long Hua performs five Martial Emperor's Steps—prior to leaping into the air.

Setting the scale-bodied humanoid as his main target, Long Hua throws out another Immortal Suppression Palm.

*Boom!!!* different from before, what is released from Long Hua's left hand is a black and white handprint—emanating with Yin and Yang energy!

And having been reinforced by five Martial Emperor's Steps as well, the size of this handprint—from the base of its palm to its middle finger, is more than 150 meters in stature!

*Boom!!!!!* descending upon the scale-bodied humanoid and the aquatic serpentine beasts near it, the handprint crushes all in an effortless manner—causing blood to splatter outwards, and fill a hand-shaped crater red!

"..."

Landing onto the ground, Long Hua's azure-colored eyes gleam with a hint of excitement.

However, under the effects of the Tranquil Heart Incantation, this show of emotions is quickly suppressed—making his expression especially cold.

"..."

Glancing at the White Serpent King, Long Hua says—

"You let one thing near my back, and I'll blast you to bits in the next instance."

*Grrrooo...* narrowing its eyes, the White Serpent King faces the other way, while Long Hua mutters—

"Well then, let's see just how much my current cultivation base is worth."

Emanating with killing intent, Long Hua slashes with Shui Yue—causing sword Qi flowers of white and black to surround him, with each of them giving off an ominous crimson glow.

("Amidst the act of slaughter, seek out one's true self.")

Thinking of this, Long Hua narrows his eyes.