AZI Volume 5 Chapter 53

Moving forward, Long Hua grabs onto one of the ropes dangling from the edge, and begins to climb down.

Momentarily, Tian Cheng follows after him.

Simultaneously, everyone moves over to the edge to get a closer look at what is about to happen.

"So? Admiral, your reason for coming back here?"

Glancing at Shao Tianming, who had asked this, Dan Hong answers—

"Subjugation plans have been decided."

"Oh?"

"First, due to the limited amount of space in this chamber, we can only have up to 30 to 40 participants. Since all of us aren't familiar with each other, there is practically no such thing as coordination between the people involved, and we've little time to get ourselves acquainted."

Agreeing with this, Shao Tianming nods.

Working with people—whose combat behaviors are a complete unknown, raises the risks of friendly fire, and getting in each other's way.

"Go on then."

"The proposal we decided upon is to use a satellite weapon from Dainsfield to "cut" the mountain's peak away. Once that is done, we can launch a bombardment on the Sinner from above. I believe this plan to be the one that requires little to no coordination—with the lowest level of risks involved."

Hearing this, Shao Tianming frowns.

Seeing the issue in this plan, Wang Yongning replies—

"And if this weapon ends up destroying the Spirit Extracts? Bombardment from above sounds good, but what if one of the bombs hit the extracts?"

"The precision of the weapon is 99 percent guaranteed. It will only cut away the mountain's peak, and leave the chamber walls—above the rings that those chains are connected to mostly intact. Your second question, the plan to deal with that—is to drop a defensive shell around the stand. With the energy barrier that is already there—assuming age hasn't degraded it, the risks of destroying the extracts are incredibly low, even if a stray bomb does hit it. Rubble clearing afterwards... It'll take some time, but with that weapon from Dainsfield, it won't even take a week."

Seeing the doubts on Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning's faces, Duanmu Chen steps forward, and says—

"Our Guild prides itself on being quick and efficient; the satellite weapon will live up to your expectations. Also, the defensive shell has been tested rigorously; it can withstand the strikes of a level five Immortal, there's no need to be concerned about the extracts being lost."

Saying this, Duanmu Chen glances at Yu Ji, to which, the latter tilts her head with a frown, while the former goes on to remark—

"Yu Ji, you have been more than exemplary in most of the works that you've taken up."

"I see?"

For some reason, Yu Ji felt something to be off about the way Duanmu Chen had glanced at her. At the same time, there is this unsettling feeling in her stomach.

"Seems like it's about to begin."

In response to Qing Yue's remark, everyone returns their focus onto Long Hua and Tian Cheng, while the former thought—

(Judging by that surnamed Long's face when he glanced at the admiral, he seemed to have already realized the military and Dainsfield's plan.)

.........

*Thud! Thud!* landing onto the base floor, Long Hua and Tian Cheng look to the weapon spirit.

*Grrrr...* as the weapon spirit uncoils its body, and rises to all fours, it raises a low growl, as it turns its head in the two intruders' direction.

"It seems stronger than that croc, master."

"Because it is."

Standing directly in front of this weapon spirit, Long Hua narrows his eyes.

The intimidating air that emanates from this specific weapon spirit is leagues ahead of the black crocodilian weapon spirit.

"Sword."

Mercurous liquid flows, and a colossal sword manifests in Long Hua's right hand.

"Here."

Receiving the black revolver from Long Hua, Tian Cheng holds it in her right hand, and disengages the safety on it.

Seeing the organic looking weapon in Long Hua's right hand, Shao Tianming can't help but ask—

"A monster, a rifle, and now a sword... Just what is his Relic?"

"Ancestor's Relic can't possibly be understood by the common mind."

"..."

"..."

Immediately, everyone turns to the source of this remark. It isn't clear as to when, but Chen Lan had appeared at some point.

*Aaaaaaannnn!* following the weapon spirit's howl, it lunges its shoulder blade tails towards Long Hua and Tian Cheng—who split off in the opposite direction of the other.

"..."

"..."

Appearing on the left side of the weapon spirit, Tian Cheng raises the transformed Spirit Armament towards the enemy's head, and pulls the trigger.

*Bang!!!* as a streak of blue light closes in, the weapon spirit evades it by lowering its head slightly.

"Oh?"

The amount of movement that was made by the weapon spirit just now can only be described as very minimalistic, causing Long Hua to narrow his eyes.

*Aaaaaannnn!!!* with its twin shoulder blade tails still extended outwards, the weapon spirit rotates its body, while sliding its claws against the ground.

"..."

In the face of the approaching tails, Tian Cheng leaps into the air to evade them, and continues to pull the trigger of her weapon—landing several hits in on the weapon spirit, causing it to flinch.

In the same instance, Long Hua positions the colossal sword against his shoulder to receive the incoming attack directly!

*Boom!!!* as his feet slide across the ground from the impact, Long Hua swings his weapon upwards—throwing the first tail into the air.

Immediately, Long Hua crouches his body down to the point of almost touching the floor, and upon the second tail sweeping itself over his head—he closes the distance between the enemy and himself!

*Aaaaaannnn!!!* as Long Hua approaches, the weapon spirit's third tail begins to sway, but before it can lunge it towards the former—

*Bang!!!* a streak of blue light hits the tail, causing it to lose its momentum, and seizing this opportunity, Long Hua—who has closed the remaining bit of distance, cleaves the colossal sword down on the weapon spirit's back!