AZI Volume 6 Chapter 34

Embedded into the ceiling of the spacious room are lights that are currently giving off a pale blue shine.

To the right of the room—upon entry, is a large monitor surrounded by two speakers, while on the left are four white sofas surrounding a rectangular table.

Stapled onto the upper right corner of the table is a telephone, which can be used to make orders with the kitchen.

Picking up a food menu that is also on the table, Qing Yue throws herself onto the sofa.

Rather quickly, everyone seats themselves, and—

"..."

"..."

As an awkward sense of silence looms over the air, Ye Chen picks up the song menu-containing device, and asks—

"So? What genre are we singing?"

"..."

Despite having had plans on what to sing before coming here, Shen Le finds it incredibly awkward to say it due to the current mood.

"..."

Turning to Ye Chen, Li Xue, who is dressed in a grey business suit says—

"You still haven't answered my question, what are you all doing here?"

"Surnamed Long's idea."

"..."

Facing Li Xue's stare, Long Hua shrugs his shoulders, and answers—

"You know how boring it is at the office. Also..."

Taking a food menu off the table, Long Hua directs it to Li Xue, and continues to say—

"Surnamed Ye mentioned that it's your birthday today. A party to celebrate the occasion is only natural."

Heaving a sigh, Li Xue takes the food menu from Long Hua, and picks up the telephone.

In a rapid manner, Li Xue makes an order with the kitchen to have it delivered to this room.

"Long-laoban, hitting that guy back there, are you going to be okay?"

Towards Shen Le's question, Long Hua answers—

"Even if there is an issue, it won't be an issue once money is being slapped around. Besides, if they're stupid enough arrest me during this time, the military can say goodbye to the auction tomorrow. At that point, the entire police department will know what it means to be sweating bullets for having a guest that they cannot send away resting in their jail."

Hearing this answer, Shen Le blinks her eyes in a dumbfounded manner, while thinking—

(So, this is what it means to have power and connections? If I want to become a city lord, I need this sort of strength...)

"Long-laoban, what you said about how times have changed, what did you mean?"

Contemplating for a bit in response to Ling Yi's question, Long Hua replies—

"This world is no longer non-Sinners first. Ai, Zhou-laoye, Zhou Chen, General Zhou, whatever you know him as—the hero who defeated a level six Immortal is being dragged out of retirement."

"Ah?"

"The famed general himself?"

Towards this bit of news, the only person who doesn't show surprise is Ye Chen alone, who remarks—

"Not surprising—since he's the only person to have ever killed a level six Immortal."

Raising a chuckle towards Ye Chen's remark, Long Hua goes on to say—

"However, him killing a level six Immortal in the past was only a mere fluke. Attempting to pull that off again... Hmm, it would require a miracle."

"That's...-"

This time even Ye Chen is surprised, as he turns speechless.

Amidst the suffocating mood, knocking sounds came from the door—indicating that the food items Li Xue had ordered had arrived.

"..."

Walking over to the door, Long Hua opens it, and an employee pushes a cart into the room. Setting the food items and drinks down swiftly, the employee leaves.

Drinks wise, it consists mainly of soda and fruit juice. Actual food items are mostly desserts with a large cake.

"Well then, I'll be helping myself to this."

Sitting down, Long Hua picks up the strawberry-flavored pudding, and digs in—seemingly oblivious to the others' moods.

Although Ling Yi and Chang Ye didn't get a chance to witness the strength of a Nascent Soul realm practitioner live, the first-hand account—from their captain and Shen Le, is more than enough to tell them how despair inducing a practitioner of this level must be.

Finishing the pudding, Long Hua looks at the others with a sigh, and remarks—

"Bunch of youngsters thoroughly soaked in watery depression during a celebration. Looks like this world really is done for."

"..."

Towards this remark, Qing Yue can't help but direct a subtle glare at Long Hua, while thinking—

(Surnamed Long, you should have more than enough strength to affect this world's matters, and yet you choose to do nothing.)

Heaving a sigh, Li Xue turns to Ye Chen, and asks—

"Ye Chen, are you still not willing to tell me what exactly happened to my father? Are you going to make me die with a regret? And is a wish of mine during a birthday that difficult to grant?"

"This matter..."

Originally, Ye Chen figured that it would be fine to tell Li Xue the truth at some point—especially now that they've left the frontlines; however, having seen Qing Yu Long's strength—

(Telling her that—that thing had killed her father; wouldn't I just be sending her off to her death? Wouldn't the captain grill me alive in hell when I get there?)

Just as Ye Chen is thinking of this, Li Xue says—

"It's that Immortal, isn't it?"

"..."

Heaving another sigh, Li Xue continues to ask—

"Is it that difficult for you to just come out and say that the killer of my father—was the Immortal, who appeared at the end of our most recent excavation? ...Anyone with a decent brain, and some knowledge of this history—they would have been able to see the connection through your actions that day. I just don't understand why you bothered to continue hiding the truth from me. Shouldn't you be encouraging me at this point to go and take my revenge?"