AZI Volume 6 Chapter 39

Discussions are quick to rise—centered around the obvious meaning of Shao Tianming's words.

(Spirit Extracts, if I could obtain enough of them—can I kill that Immortal?)

Thinking of this, Ye Chen's eyes give off a vibrant shine.

(...Still not enough, but I'm one step closer.)

Similarly, Li Xue has the same idea in mind.

"..."

Satisfied with this setup, Long Hua smiles faintly.

In the same instance, Dan'er—who is dressed in a red qipao, walks up to the stage.

"Take care of the rest."

"Un."

Handing the microphone over to Dan'er—who replies with a nod, Long Hua leaps off the stage, and heads for the fifth floor.

"Well then, biddings on the Spirit Extracts may officially begin. The starting price shall be 800,000 NWDs."

.........

"..."

Arriving on the fifth floor, and seating himself to Wu Xiao's left—with a chair between them, Long Hua pours himself a cup of tea, and takes a light sip.

"..."

Staring out at the cityscape, Wu Xiao asks—

"Do plan to start a fire here?"

"..."

Setting his cup down, Long Hua answers—

"All I'm doing is making sure that we can sell those extracts for as much as possible."

"..."

Due to Wu Xiao's relationship with the Ling Yuan family, Long Hua can't possibly be too open with his ways of inciting the crowd.

"I see. Do you know the sort of people that you should never offend in the practitioners' circle, my dearest?"

"Naturally. In the practitioners' circle, you can offend any practitioners you like; however, it would be best to avoid offending merchants, alchemists, and weapon makers."

A merchant shouldn't be offended because you never know when you might need to purchase something off them.

An alchemist shouldn't be offended because you never know when you might need them to concoct a pill for you.

A weapon maker, they're the same deal as an alchemist, but instead of concocting pills, it's weapons and specialized items that you might need crafted by borrowing their skills.

Nodding her head, Wu Xiao remarks—

"Over a 100 bloodline branches, the ones that are truly loyal to the Ling Yuan Ancestor can probably be counted on one hand. The majority are only there to pick away at the organization's treasury, which is this world."

"..."

Blinking his eyes, Long Hua frowns, and asks—

"Did this Ling Yuan Ancestor not leave a will behind?"

Chuckling aloud in amusement, Wu Xiao answers—

"Not only did he not leave a will behind, but he also didn't leave an heir either. This made it so that those within this organization believed that the treasury belongs to the group. And with this belief in mind, they figured that everyone—who is a part of this group, possesses equal qualifications to inherit it."

Turning to Long Hua, Wu Xiao adds—

"They believe that there is something within the Leng Bing Realm—that once it is obtained, it can allow the wielder of it to control the entirety of the realm. This unknown object is thought to be within the deepest layer of the necropolis."