AZI Volume 6 Chapter 37

The next day, rows of seats have been set up in front of the Lan Si Restaurant's auction stage.

As parties interested in the Spirit Extracts are limited only to Guilds and the military, the number of occupied seats is much lower—when it is compared to the first auction. However, bystanders who are simply here for amusement are still present.

Currently, situated on top of the auction stage is a large table with 22 bottles of Spirit Extracts, and beside them is a plain red box.

.........

Turning away from the restaurant's base floor, and onto the top floor—

"I see. Well, thanks for the information."

"...?"

Having been asked several questions related to the Spirit Extracts by Long Hua, along with some situational questions—related to the Ling Yuan family's methods of handling mishaps in the Leng Bing Realm, Wu Xiao raises an eye at the former, while taking a sip of tea.

"..."

Dressed in a black changpao, Long Hua fixes the cuff of his sleeve, as he walks down to the first floor.

.........

"..."

"..."

Upon Long Hua appearing on the first floor, and is proceeding to head towards the stage, many eyes are immediately drawn to him.

"This bastard seriously became the proprietor of this place?"

Seeing is believing, and having seen this to indeed be the case, Shao Tianming involuntarily twitches his lips.

As Wang Yongning is banned from the restaurant, Shao Tianming is the sole person in charge of leading the Ashen River Hall here.

"..."

Representing Dainsfield is Duanmu Chen, and beside him are Yang Ning and Dan Hong, who are here to represent the military.

"..."

Walking up to the stage, Long Hua picks up the microphone, and sweeps an eye across the gathered guests, while announcing—

"I don't see the point in making some pointless introductions, so let's get right to the main event."

Resting his hand on the red box that is beside the Spirit Extracts, Long Hua goes on to ask—

"All of you have a placard in hand, right? If the number I draw out of this box matches the one on your placard, then congratulations, you've won yourself a free bottle of Spirit Extract."

"...?"

"...Ah?"

Informed of this in an uncaring tone, it took a few moments for some gasps to go off, to which, Long Hua says—

"However, there is a condition that must be fulfilled if you do win one."

"..."

"..."

Seeing as how he had successfully grabbed everyone's attention, Long Hua goes on to state the condition, which is—

"The condition that must be fulfilled is, you must drink it on the spot. Naturally, you're free to give it someone else if you don't wish to be my walking advertisement."

"This guy..."

"What a bastard..."

To those who are gathered here, for Long Hua to have the galls to say his intent outright—it's difficult to say if his actions are twisted, or if it's just him being honest with his customers.

Almost immediately, someone from the audience asks—

"Long-laoban, how many free bottles do you plan to give away?"

Towards the question, Long Hua answers—

"Two bottles. Right then, let's just get this over with quickly."

Without keeping everyone in suspense, Long Hua reaches into the red box, and draws out a single slip of paper.

Opening the paper slip, he reads the number aloud, which ends up being—

"Number thirty-two."

Immediately, everyone looks to their placards—only to be disappointed to find out that it didn't match.

"...?"

With an odd look on his face, Shao Tianming looks to the person seated beside him, and asks—

"What kind of dog shit luck do you have?"

"Boss, I don't know."

The person who possesses a matching placard was none other than Chen Lan.

"Oh?"

Surprised by this as well, Long Hua raises an eye, and says—

"Xiao Chen Chen, is it? Come up to the stage then."

Ignoring the envious glares that are coming from all fronts, Chen Lan walks up to the stage, and is handed a bottle of Spirit Extract by Long Hua.

"..."

Staring at the bottle of Spirit Extract in his hand, Chen Lan can't help but ask—

"Ancestor, am I dreaming?"

It goes without saying that Spirit Extracts are a rarity in the inner domain.

That being the case, a common member of the Ashen River Hall like Chen Lan shouldn't have ever been able to acquire a treasure as valuable as this, and yet—

"I can sock you in the face, if it hurts, it means it not a dream."

"Uh... Never mind."

Taking a step back, a bead of cold sweat rolls down the side of Chen Lan's head, while Long Hua says—

"Get on with it."

"Understood."

Facing the audience, Chen Lan draws in a deep breath of air, and uncaps the ceramic bottle's cork.

Pressing the lips of the bottle to his mouth, Chen Lan downs the contents in one go, and just as he sets the bottle down—

"..."

"..."

Silence looms over the crowd.

Momentarily—

"Well?"

"How did it taste?"

"Tastes a bit sour, also leaves a stinging sensation on the tongue. Uh...-!"

As soon as Chen Lan had answered the audience's questions, he pressed a hand to his chest.

Involuntarily, his Relic manifests, and floats in front of him.

And in the next instance, the Relic begins to give off a radiant shine, which causes most of the audience to shy their eyes away.

"Aaaahh...!"

Raising a pained cry, Chen Lan feels as if he had been struck by numerous lightning bolts.

"Hey, this guy won't explode, will he?"