AZI Volume 5 Chapter 16

Entering a room, Long Hua sees the back walls occupied by a cryostasis unit.

In front of the unit is a computer terminal, and inside of the unit itself is a girl—who looks to be 10 years of age, wearing a white patient gown.

Four speakers are mounted to the ceiling's four corners.

Other than a table and chair that is situated in the room's center, there isn't any other piece of furniture present.

[Welcome back, big sis.]

A soft voice comes from the four speakers, to which, Yu Ji replies—

"I'm back, Li."

[You brought two people along?]

"This is my employer, Long-laoban. The person beside him is... Well, a maid of his, I guess?"

Taking a step forward, Long Hua raises a hand to the camera that is present on the computer terminal, and says—

"Your older sister has been a great help at my restaurant."

[I see. Might I ask what the occasion is for Long-laoban to come here with her today?]

Being asked this, it isn't Long Hua who is nervous, but Yu Ji instead.

Ignoring Yu Ji's current state of mind, Long Hua turns to Tian Cheng.

"Un."

Replying with a nod, Tian Cheng temporarily controls the camera to show a static image of the room in its current arrangement—assuming that the camera is feeding its visuals to another output.

"..."

Taking out four talismans, Long Hua pastes them onto the four corners of the room, prior to moving towards the cryostasis unit.

"Hmm."

Pressing his index finger onto the chilly glass window, Long Hua narrows his eyes.

"B-Boss...?"

Towards Long Hua's odd behavior, Yu Ji can't help but frown; however, before she can stop him, Tian Cheng turns to her, and says—

"Whatever happens from here on mustn't be leaked outwards. Otherwise..."

While listening to these words, Yu Ji is met with Tian Cheng's magenta-colored eyes, which contain little to no emotion.

"**..."

Muttering something beneath his breath, golden light emanates from the tip of Long Hua's finger, and is slowly being delivered to Li.

"..."

In this manner, time passes with Yu Ji maintaining an anxious look on her face.

Despite having confirmed Long Hua to be an Immortal, Yu Ji doesn't dare to do anything—for the former probably only needs a single whim to have her and her little sister erased.

"..."

Having completed the requested task, Long Hua takes a step back, and repositions himself in the same spot as the static image that is being shown to the camera.

Using his divine senses, Long Hua retrieves the talismans, and crumbles them up before tossing them into his storage pouch—seeing as they cannot be reused.

"Disconnected."

With her visuals restored, Li raises a soft gasp, while Yu Ji asks—

"What exactly happened?"

Leaning towards Yu Ji, Long Hua whispers—

"Your divinity told me to stabilize her body condition. I just used the method he gave me, and did what was requested."

"...? Surnamed Long, you... You really are an Immortal?"

Towards Yu Ji's wants for confirmation, Long Hua replies—

"The proper term is practitioner. But whatever."

[Long-laoban.]

Being called to by Li, Long Hua straightens his stance, and looks to the camera.

[You give off the same air as the person in my dream. That person wore a half-faced black mask.]

Blinking his eyes, Long Hua figures this individual to be Wen Qing, and towards Li's remark, he shrugs his shoulders, and replies—

"Don't ask unnecessary questions about my origin."

[Un.]

"If my little sister's condition has been stabilized, does that mean she can leave the machine?"

Towards Yu Ji's question, Long Hua answers—

"Who knows? Although, that divinity of yours, he did say that he'd take the both of you out of this world when the opportunity arises. Once that happens, your little sister's health problems won't be an issue any longer. That being said, there's no point in you continuing your job now, is there?"

"That's..."

Not knowing what to say about this matter when she is in front of Li, Yu Ji is lost as to how to continue the conversation.

"Right, your Long-laoban is a busy person, so I'm leaving."

Having said this, Long Hua begins to leave with Tian Cheng, while Yu Ji says—

"Thank you."

"Merely maintaining my part of the deal with your divinity. I expect him to pay me back well, and if he doesn't, you're expected to convince him of it."

Keeping these words in mind, Yu Ji replies—

"Understood."

.........

Immediately after leaving Dainsfield, Long Hua heads to New Moon Village to find Zhen Qing Huai.

And upon their arrival, a worker is quick to greet them, to which, Long Hua says—

"Looking for your chief."

"I'll inform them of your visit."

As the worker runs off, Long Hua waits with Tian Cheng.