AZI Volume 6 Chapter 41

A few days later—

"Right, here we go again."

"...Why did we have to take that stupid plane again?"

Among the group of five, the only one who looks thoroughly exhausted is Qing Yue alone, who currently has a lifeless look in her eyes.

Similarly to last time, they had taken a high-speed jet, along with a military transport to get to their present location.

In front of the group is a giant serpent's head, which is carved out of stone, and situated between its jaws is a blue portal.

Due to how long this stone sculpture has been here, 90 percent of it is covered in moss.

Turning away from the portal, Ye Chen looks to the thing behind the group, and remarks—

"I wonder how effective that thing even is..."

Positioned a few meters away from the portal is a thick wall of steel—a crude means to prevent an incident like the one that occurred during the second excavation from repeating itself.

The landscape nearby is a lush forest—with much of its trees cut away, to create some space for tents to be plotted down.

"..."

With the gacha interface open, Long Hua does a ten-roll.

"Hmm."

Notable items wise, it's the bullets that stand out among the quality-of-life garbage. Other than those—

(A drone? I guess I'll send it to your doll.)

"Ai. Is an SSR too much to ask for?"

Muttering this, Long Hua shakes his head, to which, Ye Chen asks—

"You actually have reception out here to do a gacha pull?"

Towards this question, Long Hua replies—

"Something like that."

Dismissing the gacha interface, Long Hua moved towards the portal with Tian Cheng behind him.

"..."

"..."

Stepping through the portal, Long Hua and Tian Cheng find themselves within an environment that is practically no different from the one outside.

Moving to the side of the portal, Long Hua throws a glance at a familiar figure, and remarks—

"Why do I feel like your group tends to stalk me?"

"We're here to see what a grade three is like in the outer domain. And if you don't feel like being near us, why don't you stay out of the ruins, Long-laoban?"

Replying as such, Shao Tianming also finds the situation a bit odd. This isn't the only ongoing excavation, so the odds of running into Long Hua shouldn't have been this high.

"..."

Sweeping his eyes across the current gathering, Long Hua notices a group of Moon Guards—dressed in their usual garb of a black body suit with a mask.

"Hm?"

Constricting his eyes, Long Hua also sees a group of military soldiers; however—

"It seems like the Long Yue family has finally started to perform Moon Guard modifications on members of the military, master."

"Indeed."

Different from the usual soldiers, the ones in the distance possessed bestial traits, which should have been unique to Moon Guards.