AZI Volume 6 Chapter 5

The return trip back to GC012 wasn't anything eventful, and upon returning, Long Hua headed to the port, and docked the modified yacht, prior to taking a nap until sometime pass eight PM.

As soon as Long Hua had woken up from his nap, the Tai Xuan Emperor asks—

(*-laoban, didn't you have some rare metals and minerals, along with spirit stones from that surnamed Zhen?)

Recalling the items that were given to him during the auction, Long Hua raises a yawn, as he gets off the bed, and answers—

"I was thinking of only using them for when I had an emergency on hand."

Making a rough count in his head, all the items combined should be worth around 60 pulls.

(Don't you think it'd be best to spend them all now? You might not have time during battle. C'mon, your pity is at 20 out of 100, just hand over the black jadeite flute to me, along with those goods and a bit of spirit stones.)

Stretching his arms, Long Hua replies—

"The more I do these pulls, the more I want to feel the joys of being able to do a colossal amount of pulls all at once."

(...Don't tell me you're planning to save up to a full 100 pulls before hitting the slots?)

"Something like that."

For reasons unclear to Long Hua, he can't help but have a feeling of bad premonition for the future—whenever he pulls something of value out of the gacha pool now that he knows it is the Tai Xuan Emperor, who he is making a trade with.

(...What if one of these days, this bitch manages to take over a combat body without me realizing it, and end up using everything that I've pulled against me?)

The mere thought of this causes Long Hua to feel an incredible sense of discomfort.

And considering how much more familiarized with Spirit Armaments the Tai Xuan Emperor is, the odds of it happening are rather high.

(Spirit Armaments—as far as I'm aware of, they're tools that just about anyone can use. Ai, best to not be too reliant on them—if my guess of her using them against me does come true.)

Seeing the contemplative look on Long Hua's face, the Tai Xuan Emperor asks—

(Thinking of something, *-laoban?)

"Wondering what's for dinner."

(I see. Well, your doll wants you to know that she and surnamed Yu will be returning to this city tomorrow.)

"Got it."

.........

Bai Wen's condo unit is situated on the 50th floor of a complex—located in the third ward.

Upon knocking on the door, it is opened in less than 30 seconds by Nuo'er—who oddly enough isn't dressed in her usual military attire, but a set of white robes with a purple sash.

Compared to how Nuo'er is usually dressed, her current air is very different—making it seem as if she is someone else for a brief instance.

"Welcome, Long-shao."

"Un, thanks."

Nodding to Nuo'er, Long Hua walks into the unit.

Seeing the kitchen unattended to, and the stove itself not giving off any warning lights to indicate heat, Long Hua asks—

"Who's cooking?"

"It's delivery from a high-class restaurant. Bai Wen and I rarely ever use the kitchen. It's just there for show."

"Oh?"

"Ah, put this on."

"Hm?"

Being given a set of robes, Long Hua raises an eye. But he nevertheless swaps them on.

The color of the robes is silver and the layer beneath it is white.

Guided by Nuo'er, Long Hua is brought over to the terrace, which is separated from the kitchen by a white wall.

In the center of the terrace is a large table surrounded by ten chairs.

On top of the table is a bowl of ice, while placed near it is a large pot of 100-year-old cherry blossom wine.

Seated near the pot, Bai Wen, who has a wooden ladle in one hand, and is dressed in white robes, asks—

"As is, or with ice?"

"As is first."

Filling a pouring vessel with the ladle, Bai Wen uses the vessel to fill two ceramic cups with the wine—prior to placing one of the cups on the chair opposite of him.

Seating himself, Long Hua picks up the cup, and gives it a brief sniff prior to taking a sip.

Similarly, Bai Wen does the same.

"..."

"..."

Dressed in archaic robes, and with a cup in hand—facing each other, the air between the two could be described with the phrase "wind of the immortal, bone of the Dao."

Had they been surrounded by nature—instead of concrete buildings, this air would be much more evident.

Alas, as this is the Leng Bing Realm, if the two were to put on this Immortal-like display in public, they would surely be chased by weapon spirits left and right.

Savoring the wine's sour taste that is gradually sweetening, the two set their cups down at the same time, with Long Hua remarking—

"Your 850,000 NWDs wasn't a waste."

"Mortal realm currency well-spent."

"Anyone else coming by tonight?"

"Lao Zhen might be running a bit late."

Momentarily, Nuo'er brings over the delivered dishes, which are stored inside of white boxes and foam containers.

Opening one of the foam containers, Long Hua finds a serving of rice, dumplings, and chicken.

"..."

Holding a set of chopsticks in one hand with the foam container in front of him, Long Hua can't help but find this situation a bit odd.

"..."

"..."

Seeing the look of amusement on Bai Wen's face, Long Hua knew immediately that this was all done on purpose.