AZI Volume 6 Chapter 43

Just as Long Hua and Yang Hai had predicted, dark clouds eventually covered the skies, and rain fell from above.

"Ai, why did it suddenly rain?"

"Weather tends to be unpredictable. What can we do?"

Staying beneath the cover of their tents, the group waits for the rain to stop.

"..."

Turning towards Long Hua's direction, Chen Lan from across a few meters away asks—

"Ancestor, if you manage to acquire more Spirit Extracts, do you plan to do another drawing?"

"..."

"..."

Following this question, numerous eyes turned towards Long Hua and Tian Cheng's tent, to which, the former replies—

"Hmm. Depends on how many I manage to acquire. I can't be that lucky all the time, right?"

Towards this response, some kept quiet, while others chuckled.

Looking at the various individuals, who make up this group of 30-odd, Long Hua thought—

(The hall aside... Surnamed Duanmu? Dainsfield is in here as well, are they?)

Glancing at Duanmu Chen, who had four other members of Dainsfield with him in one large tent, Long Hua raises an eye—prior to redirecting his attention to the Long Yue family's Moon Guards.

Other than them—

(Surnamed Shen and the members of her office. Hmm.)

Not recognizing the other groups that were here, Long Hua thought to seal the entrance of his tent for the time being; however—

"Members of DB-06-07."

"..."

"..."

Towards Duanmu Chen—who had called them out, all members of the office turned to the direction of Dainsfield's tent.

"Couldn't wait to start trouble, huh?"

Muttering this, Long Hua narrows his eyes.

Heaving a sigh, Ye Chen asks—

"What's up, surnamed Duanmu?"

"Colonel Ye, where's Yu Ji?"

"Hell if I know."

Snapping back with an irritation-filled frown, Duanmu Chen remarks—

"You're all members of the same office, how could you possibly not have a clue as to where she went?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Ye Chen answers—

"Same office, sure, but we hardly know each other. This office hasn't even been around for a full year after all."

Adding to this, Li Xue says—

"Surnamed Duanmu, how confident are you in your equipment?"

"...? What does that mean?"

The combat gear—worn by members of Dainsfield, are of the highest quality; they should be more than capable of fending off an ordinary practitioner's strike.

However—

"Are they able to fend off the strike of a level six Immortal?"

"..."

"..."

Following Li Xue's question, silence looms over the entire group.

Those who are currently present—most of them had lived through Qing Yu Long's demonstration of strength.

"I'll take your silence as a no. Before trying to start trouble with us, how about you keep your mind focused on the potential of there being a larger fish in these ruins?"

"...Tch."

Clicking his tongue, but seeing logic in Li Xue's statement, Duanmu Chen reluctantly turns silent.

Due to Li's absence, the Heaven's Blade project was suspended; and as the one who had requested for this weapon to be deployed, Duanmu Chen is being held accountable for its core component going missing.

It goes without saying that Dainsfield's CEO, Jing Yuandong is none too pleased with the situation, and as a result of this, Duanmu Chen had been informed by the former that they may not be able to guarantee his children from being exempted from Sinner related services.

On top of that—

(A debt of 104,000,000 NWD, there's no way I can hope to pay this off... My only option is to capture Yu Ji and her little sister. That or I make it big in the ruins somehow...)

Gritting his teeth, Duanmu Chen looked towards Long Hua's direction.

If he recalls correctly, this proprietor of the Lan Si Restaurant is supposed to be on good terms with Yu Ji, but the moment he meets eyes with Long Hua—

"..."

"...!"

Cold sweat drenches Duanmu Chen's back instantly.

From Duanmu Chen's viewpoint, all he sees is a massive serpent with a maw capable of devouring him whole.

Staring back at Duanmu Chen with amusement, Long Hua remarks—

"Surnamed Duanmu, I can put you out of your misery right now. You want to try it? I'm bored, so I got time to kill."

"..."

Swallowing his own spit, Duanmu Chen feels every strand of his hair standing on ends, as he replies—

"...No need."

Muttering this, Duanmu Chen averts his gaze from Long Hua—much to the latter's disappointment.

(Dammit! What the hell is that thing? Is he even human?)

As Long Hua seals the tent's front entrance, and is about to spread his divine senses again, Tian Cheng reports—

"Master, practitioners are headed in this direction."

"Hm? How did you...-?"

"I set off a drone in the beginning."

"I see."

Towards Tian Cheng's voluntarily action, Long Hua puts on a pleased smile, and asks—

"Their numbers?"

"Estimated to be over two hundred."

"Oh? That surnamed Qing really overdid it, but whatever. There's plenty of cannon fodders here to...- I guess not."

Spreading his divine senses outwards, Long Hua quickly finds the group that Tian Cheng is talking about.

Among these practitioners, he spots Qing Ming Yang and Lin Yu Heng immediately—for they are the ones situated at the forefront.

"Ai, I guess we'll be going our separate ways with this group—depending on the situation. Hmm, you see any other weapon spirit groups near ours?"

"To your west, master."

"...I see them."

Finding this group, along with another, Long Hua gradually plots out a course of traversal, while thinking—

(Using these weapon spirit groups as checkpoints, I can thin out the practitioners gradually.)