AZI Volume 5 Chapter 39

"..."

Standing still with a frown on her face, Qing Yue surrounds herself with smaller sized white tigers. Not wanting to shatter the ice that she is standing on; she doesn't dare use the firepower of her calabash.

Nearby, the Moon Guards all had their Relics out, and are currently fending off the fully Apotheosized weapon spirits with coordinated movements. However—

"...Tch."

None of these enemy weapon spirits are going down easily.

The moment they had a limb severed, red mist would erupt from the wound, and begin the regeneration process.

And even after being beaten down, these weapon spirits would stand back up in a nonchalant manner, and continue to fight, while being fueled by animalistic instincts.

"Ah!"

With their arms numb from the constant swinging of their Relic, a weapon spirit becomes unable to hold back one of the fully Apotheosized enemies, and ends up having their shoulder bitten into.

Caught within the fully Apotheosized weapon spirit's jaws, the person is—

"Save-!"

*Siiiiii!!!* mercilessly torn apart by its claws in the next instance, as fresh blood flies through the air!

"..."

Dodging a weapon spirit's claws, Long Hua retaliates by smashing his right fist into its cheek prior to grabbing it. However—

"Shit..."

Not being able to smash this thing down onto the ice due to the fear of shattering it, Long Hua clicks his tongue.

"..."

Just then, Tian Cheng wraps a thread around the weapon spirit's neck.

Pulling onto the weapon spirit from opposite sides, the two manage to forcefully rip its head off, prior to Long Hua kicking the head off into the distance.

"Hmm..."

Glancing over at Ye Chen—who is smashing his targets apart, Long Hua notices how none of the weapon spirits that's been blown to chucks are regenerating.

(Oh, I see... These things act on instinct. They're not like the weapon spirits in their Partial-Apotheosized state, where they are still able to maintain a sense of self.)

Turning to Tian Cheng, Long Hua says—

"Dice them into pieces."

"Understood."

As knives attached to threads drop out of Tian Cheng's sleeves, she approaches one of the enemy weapon spirits, and binds them.

Despite Tian Cheng's threads not being shrouded in sword Qi, they nevertheless manage to cut deeply into the weapon spirit's metallic body, and momentarily, the weapon spirit is sliced into pieces.

"..."

Off to the side, Yu Ji maintains her distance from the enemy, and unleashes a volley of blast arrows onto one target—while making sure to aim as close to their head as possible, otherwise the blast could end up reaching the ice.

(Tch, this is a bit too inefficient...)

Glancing in Li Xue's direction, Yu Ji sees her lunging her spear repeatedly at one target—riddling them with holes, prior to smashing them apart.

And as soon as one enemy one is down, Li Xue would throw her spear at another, and teleports herself onto her next target to repeat the process.

"Dammit..."

Cutting down another enemy weapon spirit, only to see more popping out of the icy layer's breaches, Duanmu Chen shouts—

"Make a break for it! There's no point in trying to stand our ground!"

"Disengage!"

Similarly, Dan Hong gives the same command to the military soldiers.

"Ah, screw this."

Smashing an enemy weapon spirit aside with his halberd, Shao Tianming also begins to make a run for it.

Just as everyone begins to retreat—

*Boom!!!!!* slabs of ice are thrown up into the air, as a mountain-like shape rises from beneath the seas!

"Crap...!"

"It's that thing again...!"

Realizing that it is none other than the black crocodilian weapon spirit, all eyes flash with dread, as everyone hastens their footsteps.

"Ack!"

"Shit!"

However, with how slippery the surface they're running on is, there would inevitably be a few individuals falling here and there.

"Ah!"

"Hui'er!"

Looking back at Hui'er, who has fallen, Zhang Yong—who is in his Weapon Spirit True Body state, is quick to return for her, while brushing aside the enemy weapon spirits.

In the same instance, the black crocodilian weapon spirit begins to make its approach with its maw opened wide.

"Hmm..."

Standing still with a pair of binoculars in his hands, Long Hua looks to the black crocodilian weapon spirit.

Unless a person is looking into this thing's maw closely, they couldn't possibly notice the odd device that is embedded into its upper jaw.

"Bingo."

Moving the binoculars away from his face, Long Hua smiles coldly.

The device that is pinned onto the black crocodilian weapon spirit's upper jaw, it takes on the form of a pedestal—with a spherical object dangling a meter away from the pedestal's surface. Surrounding this spherical object are two mechanical rings.

This device, which possesses a form that is similar to the one seen in Tian Cheng's theoretical blueprint—is none other than the Immortal Sealing Chain.

Protecting the Immortal Sealing Chain from being damaged is a barrier made up of four devices, which are situated around the equipment's four corners.

(Those devices have a limited range, but that disadvantage can be dealt with, so long as it is attached to a living creature. This one, specifically, it's probably made to feed off the weapon spirit that it is attached to.)

Thinking of this, while opening her magenta-colored eyes, Tian Cheng asks—

"What's the plan, master?"

"Hmm."

Just as Long Hua is contemplating the matter, the Tai Xuan Emperor says—

(*-laoban, a true man only needs to know how to do one thing, and that is to charge forward without fear.)

Raising his arms to stretch, Long Hua cracks his neck, and summons outthe White Serpent King.