AZI Volume 5 Chapter 51

Approaching the shores—

"Halt."

Having the yacht halt through voice command, Long Hua and Tian Cheng leap off from the stem prior to storing the vehicle away.

Since the temperatures had returned to normal, the two had gotten rid of their winter coats.

"Uh...?"

"That guy... Isn't he the one who rushed at the monster?"

"He lived?"

Being stared at by those camping near the shores, Long Hua spreads his divine senses outwards to look for anyone that he might recognize nearby.

Having taken his time getting over to the island, he feels more than refreshed enough to deal with another battle if needed.

(None of the damage to the terrain is recent. ...Well, there are a few, but nothing quite like the older damages in scale.)

Seeing the number of craters and black marks that are scattered throughout the island via his divine senses, Long Hua can get a basic image of what had happened in the distant past.

And being able to see the mountain peaks from a bird's eye view, he can say for certain that their forms are a result of a practitioner's hand.

"Oh?"

Seeing Yu Ji headed towards him, Long Hua begins to close the distance himself.

In less than five minutes, they see each other, and stop with two arms' length of distance between them.

"Long-laoban, you really didn't die."

Shrugging his shoulders, Long Hua replies—

"Of course. So? What exactly happened while I was away?"

"Hmm, where to begin?"

Shortly after arriving on this island, the group was split up into one of two categories.

The first being volunteers, who wanted to explore the environment—in which, this category is further split into one of three groups.

As for the second category, they were charged with securing a campsite by clearing away the fully Apotheosized weapon spirits nearby.

Going further into detail regarding the first category—each team in it was meant to look around the areas near one of the three mountains; and as the mountains were arranged in a linear fashion, they were labeled from one through three—from left to right.

On the right side of the first mountain, the group discovered a cave; and within this cave, a similar chamber to the one that was on the previous island was found. Unlike the chamber of the previous island, there were four murals in this one.

Upon touching one of the murals within that chamber, a group managed to make a round trip between this island and the previous island.

Hearing this, Long Hua remarks—

"So, that's basically the teleportation magic array of this ruin then?"

"Seems like it. Still, for it to only come alive after reaching here is a bit..."

"Ai, I've seen worse."

Comparing these ruins to the highly advanced secret realms that can be found throughout the real world, Long Hua considers the former to be a colossal theme park experience—for the dangers contained in those secret realms, they were much worse than anything he's seen in the former thus far.

"Hm?"

Ignoring the quizzical look on Yu Ji's face, Long Hua asks—

"So, what about the other two mountains?"