Chapter 6: Secrets

Dream felt the drop in Blues already declining positivity. He turned and scowled. Ink walked into the room.
"Sooo..... how many eggs do you guys-." Blue turned the stove off and ran off. His negativity soared. That was never a good sign. Dream chased after him and when Blue locked the bathroom door, Dream froze. He pounded on the door asking him if he was okay, asking him to open the door, asking him to tell him what was wrong. He might have been switching languages but he kept asking anyway. Dream felt Blues horror and stopped. Then, it went even lower. He heard Blue shuffle to the door and unlocked it. As soon as Dream entered he was pulled away from the door and the door was locked again. Blue had a death grip on Dreams hand.
"Blue? Honey, what's wrong!?" Dream asked in a momish manner. "You've been so negative lately! Why are you locking Ink-." Dream saw the mess of boxing and wrappers, then 4 pregnancy tests on the floor. 3 of them were positive. Suddenly it all clicked. Someone had hurt Blue. Who? Dream had an idea but pushed it out of his head. Blue didn't want Ink to know about it.
Blue must have sensed Dreams blood lust and gripped harder on his glove. When Dream looked down at Blue, sprawled on the floor, his hand gripping his, his anger melted and was replaced with sadness and worry. He watched Blues face soften as he let go of Dream.
" I-I don't know what to do..." Blue looked down at his stomach which was glowing a soft sky blue. Dream turned the fan on, hoping that it would be loud enough for Ink not to hear them. He sat on the floor with his back against the wall, Blue had his against the tub.
"Well... what do you want to do?" Dream asked.
"I dont know..." he lifted his shirt and stared at the floating little soul that, judging by the look on Blues face, was not there earlier. "There isn't much we can do..." he looked back up at Dream, his fingers carefully stroking where the soul was. Dream didn't think Blue knew he was doing it, but he felt Blues negative energy lighten.
"Do you want to keep it...?" Dream asked lightly, hoping not to scare him.
"... I..."

"I think so."

"Yes, I want to keep it." Blue stated.
"Well, that settles that, now, what about the father? Who is it?" Dream asked. He didn't really expect a response but was hoping for one anyway.
Blue shook his head, "I-I don't want to say..."
"Blue plea-."
"No."
"... alright... so... what are we going to tell Ink? You know he can be a little sensitive about harm coming to his creations... okay very sensitive... but that's besides the point! Do you want to tell him?"
"Not really... he wouldn't let it go..."
"So what do we tell him?"
"I guess... I guess we could say I did this on purpose, say that I'm holding the baby for another couple who can't... you know what that is, right? I don't know what it's called..."
"I do but I don't know what it is called either,but that's a great idea! But what do we tell him when it's born? Like, you want to keep it, right? So..."
"I don't know... we'll figure it out when it happens, but for now, we don't tell him. Okay?"
"Alright." Dream stood and picked up the trash while Blue picked up the tests, hiding them in a pocket. Dream felt Blues positivity rise. Good. That's good.
Together they walked out with a secret. But Blue had 2.

꧁𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘꧂

Secrets. Will Ink find the truth?
Love conquers all.

꧁𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘𖣘꧂

634 words