Chapter 21: Code Breaking

(Finally! Something for the main ship!)

Blue mumbled something about not wanting to have to report shit about the Dark Sanses and wondered into Nightmare's room unknowingly.

"What are you doing here?" A voice from the shadows said.

Blue jumped, the voice came from everywhere. "Where am I?" He asked.

Nightmare suddenly materialized in front of Blue, "My room, now get out."

Nightmare was only wearing his shorts, leaving his ribs bare. Blue immediately became flushed. He slowly backed out, taking in everything he could see, then noping the fuck out.

Nightmare chuckled as the pixlexic skeleton bolted from his room. He may or may not have done that on purpose, only to see if the skeleton could become flustered. Answer? Yes.

He teleported out to the fallen tree stump. His mother. He lightly touched the top of the stump, fingers trailing along it as he walked. He sat, legs folded underneath him and tentacles limp in the grass behind him.

"I know I've said it before... but I am sorry." He paused, hoping, hoping so badly that his mother would respond, even if he knew she was dead. "Mother... I, I never meant for that to happen, I never intended to hurt you..." he could almost feel the willow like branches caressing his head, he could almost hear her voice, almost. But not quite.

"Nightmare?" A voice asked from behind, it was Blue. Nightmare jolted awake, he had fallen asleep.

"Blue. Is there something you need?" He asked, he voice void of emotion.

"I, I think I may have a way to fix your eyes. Or eye, not entirely sure."

"How!?" Nightmare jumped up, tentacles bristling at the sudden movement. He searched Blues emotions for any signs of him lying. There were none.

"Just sit... I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try, it's not like I can make it worse... right?" Blue sounded unsure of himself and his abilities. Nightmare sat, hearing Blue sit in front of him.

"Well that depends, what are you going to do?" Nightmare asked, suddenly feeling magic humming through the air.

"Fuck up your code." Blue said, matter of factly. "Im going to fuck with it till I eventually get your eyesight back. You have every right to say 'no'." Blue added immediately, probably to avoid sounding demanding.

"Let me think about that," he said sarcastically, "risk my life being destroyed, or forever be unable to see my brother or my employees, which includes you." He felt Blue deflate a bit. "I'm not an idiot, but, I'm also not able to let something like this go. Do it." He felt Blue snap back, his emotions hopeful but worried. "I'm not sure if I should be excited or nervous."

"Well-." Blue clapped his hands and the magic became stronger.

Blue looked at the fluorescent screen in front of him, ones and zeros flew across it. Each set with its own meaning and purpose. He cringed at the sight of them, he understood them, but didn't at the same time. One set could be merely the tip of his distal on his left pinkie, another could be his entire personality.

"You don't mind if I have your Check Box up, right?" Blue asked before reaching for one of the buttons below the screen. He didn't touch it, waiting for Nightmares response. Humans didn't know this, but checking a monster without permission is like barging into their mind, humans don't want that, monsters don't like that. A Check is something for emergencies, or for when one is willing to share information about them from the inside.

He looked up at Nightmare's face, he was struggling with saying that it was okay. "... only if I get to look at yours." Nightmare stated.

"Would you even be able to see it...?" Blue asked uncertainly, uncomfortably thinking about what it would say.

"The box is in your mind, not truly in front of you. If anyone was to walk past us, they would see you and me talking, if you have anything like your inventory out, they wouldn't see it because it's in your mind. Yes I would be able to see it. I just have to be the one to initiate the Check."

Blue thought about it. He really wanted to help Night... but, his check? He wasn't sure he trusted Nightmare enough for that. "You can't tell anyone what you see,..promise me that you won't tell anyone." Blue looked up at Nightmares face. He looked like he was trustworthy...

Nightmare stuck his pinky out, "I won't tell if you won't tell." Blue stared at the goopy finger. What he originally thought was a black, was more of a very dark navy. And, was that glitter? He shook himself and grasped the pinkie with his own.

"It's a pinkie's promise." Blue stated, pulling up Nightmares Check Box. He shivered, feeling his own being pulled out. He ignored the sensation, immediately finding what he thought would help with his quest for giving Nightmare sight. He turned to the box screen on his left.

_________________________

Name: Nightmare
Age: Undetermined
HP: 9999/9999
Title: Guardian of Negativity/ King of Darkness

Relatives: Dream [(Brother) Guardian of Positivity] Tree of Feelings [(Mother) deceased]

About:
CORRUPTED
Tired
Lonely
Likes to write in fancy cursive letters
Likes to read

Considers Killer, Dust, Horror, and Cross his children.

Still loves Dream.

Hates the war he is involved in.

Has never seen his friends face to face.

Currently unaware of his crush on [REDACTED]

_________________________

Blue snorted at the last line. Who knew Nightmare had a crush. But who was it? Why redacted?

"What!?" Nightmare asked, defensively.

"Nothing!" Blue responded, he flicked a code out of order. He saw something change on the Check Box. "Shit."

Uncorrupting...

He looked at Nightmare "shit!"

"What did you do!?" Nightmare asked, undoubtedly feeling the goop slipping down his form. Blue stuck the code back in place, hoping to the deities that that would work.

CORRUPTED...

"Oh! Phew- I'm not doing that again!" Blue placed the code line back, pulling at another line.

"What did you do?" Nightmare asked, his voice almost awestruck.

"I almost uncorrupted you, not sure you would want that." He studied the coding, and turned some code from what they were to the opposite. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Nightmare startle.

"You okay?" Blue asked when Nightmare didn't answer he turned the code back. "Nightmare?" Blue asked

"Don't touch that one again." Nightmare shivered.

"What did it do?"

"You don't want to know." He shivered again.

"Alrighty-." He looked through the code again. "Ah!" He plucked something out of the code and saw Nightmare jump, his hands reaching for his face.

Code Breaking
Is he blind, is he not?
Love conquers all

1132 words