Chapter 3: Four Perspectives (Rewritten)

Killer trudged through the hall way. Ink did hell of a number on him. He looked at his cracked arm. He would just have to go to Dust.

"Do you need something, Killer?"

Killer jumped at the voice. After what he had heard, the voice sounded surreal and far away. Like it wasn't true.

"N-no..." Killer stuttered. He thought back for the 10th time since getting back to the mansion like castle.

The skeleton with Papyrus like armor had asked a question. An important question. The question that most likely got the entire team wondering if it was true. 

"Boss...?" Killer asked.

"Yes Killer?" Nightmare responded. The self proclaimed king was standing in the hall. Not doing anything. Just standing there. Two of his tentacles were touching the walls and they other two kind of just laid on the floor, limp.

"Are you...." Killer trailed off. He didn't know if he wanted to ask that and suffer his boss's wrath.

Blind. Was he blind?

Nightmare seemed to know what Killer was implying and sighed, the tentacles that had been holding the walls floated to the ground, laying limp like the others. He didn't actually answer but he walked away.

Killer sighed as he watched Nightmare walk away. He had to admit, he was a bit worried.

He heard some mumbles coming from the room he was standing next to.

Dust. It was Dusts' room.

He cracked the door a bit to check on him.

Dust watched the little body-less head floating around the room. The little ghost was chattering nonstop about the battle.

"He looked so cool!" He exclaimed. "So calm! He didn't even get hit till he so foolishly stepped off of his bone. Why did he ask that anyway? What was the point? Was he trying to enrage his opponent? ... do you think Nightmare is blind, brother? The young little sans asked Nightmare if he was blind."

Dust sighed and looked down. "I don't know. I wonder if he was just trying to be insulting. No... Blue isn't that type of person. He would think before saying something like that. He may be like a Papyrus but he notices things. I honestly don't know Pap."

"But he was so cool! Did you see that instant transition!? And to imagine that was only his first interaction with the goop lord."

"Hey! Don't call him goop lord! He's powerful Pap, you can't go around calling people names just because they can't see you!" Dust said urgently.

Phantom wasn't particularly listening, he was too busy daydreaming about the  blue scarfed sans.

"He actually hit Nightmare- who, other than Dream and Ink, have been able to hit him!? And not just once either! It was no lucky shot! He hit the king at least 6 times! That's no easy feat, brother!" The little ghost head was playing with the fan again.

"Pap stop play with the fan. But yes, you are correct, I have to say, Blue was pretty cool... though it's not all too surprising from how he fought with us. ..." Dust paused for a second, the images flickered briefly in his vision.

Blue had paused when coming out of the portal. His face had been filled with hunger for about half a second, his hand clutched his shirt where his stomach would have been if he was human. Then his face hardened like he had mentally berated himself.

"... I'm a little worried about him..."

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "why?"

"He looked starved..." Dusts looked at his hands for a second. "I have a feeling he is doing it to himself..."

"Don't let Horror hear you say that." Phantom warned.

"I know, H would go ballistic and try to adopt Blue if he heard...."

Light clatter filled the kitchen. He rummaged around the corner of the pantry trying to find his stash of chocolate chips. It was near impossible to keep any kind of chocolate in the house because everyone there absolutely loved it. Cross or Error tended to get to it first, sometimes it was Killer. Dust had given up on keeping chocolate in the mansion, and Horror learned to keep it carefully hidden if he ever wanted to make chocolate pastries. To day was one of those days he felt the need to make something special. He couldn't get the look the little Star had made.

The little blue Star.

He looked so hungry.

Horrors hand found empty space in his hiding hole and he whined. No what was he supposed to do? Make coco croissants without chocolate?

A voice floated in his head.

"Are you blind...?"

The image flickered, Blue standing before Nightmare, looking confused and concerned.

Was he blind?

Horror wanted to ask but Nightmare could be pretty scary when he was angry. He smacked Blue into a tree.

Yep... he didn't want to ask.

The was a faint fss noise of someone shortcutting.

Horror stood and faced Dust.

"Lost your chocolate again?" Dust asked with an exasperated smile.

Horror only nodded with a pout.

"Okay, let's go get you some chocolate, cause I know you won't stop looking for some till you get some." Dust held out his hand, the other in his pocket.

Horror flushed lightly and took Dust hand gratefully.

Cross walked in just as Dust and Horror shortcutted.

Cross walked past the kitchen and down further into the levels of the mansion. He set up some attack dummies.

"Ssooooo...?" The child like ghost asked.

Cross chuckled and threw a knife, bullseye.

"Do you really think it's true?" The child asked.

"No, what reason would I have to believe the little blue-UwU-follow-emotionless-rainbow-and-depressed-sunshine-freak?"

"Well that Blue-UwU freak has been known to be able to just, see through people... it's down right creepy..." CC shuttered.

"And? Nightmare isn't blind, he certainly doesn't act like it." Cross threw another knife. Headshot.

"Yes he does!" Cc cried, "you ever notice how his tentacles touch the walls as he walks?! How he ever so gently taps your arms or legs when checking for injury?! How he keeps his tentacles out and practically testing the air for vibration? I think Blue was right. Nightmare is blind." Cc said.

Cross snorted, "what ever you say Chara."

"I'm serious!"

"Yep, and you're not a ghost."

"Sans!"

Cross snickered and left the training room.

Four perspectives
Love Conquers All

1067 words