Chapter 37: Hardly Emotions

(It's another update !!)

Blue threw the dummy across the room. He had another meltdown and decided to blow up the training room in anger because couldn't keep his emotions in check.

Nightmare watched his lover throw things across the room, smashing them with his hammer and disintegrating things at touch. He was pure black again, like the last time. It's been a few weeks since they saved Blue. But he's just been getting more and more angry with himself. This had to have been the sixth time Blue was destroying the training room in the past two weeks. Every time he has some kind of PTSD attack from being in the dark, being alone, being unexpectedly touched, or even just randomly, Every time he starts to cry he gets angry. He gets so angry and he starts to glitch nonstop.

Blue backhandedly smacked another dummy, throwing it into the wall. He lifted his hand and red knifes appeared and he shot them forward into another dummy, sending it into the wall and holding it there. He was doing that floating thing again as he screamed in anger, smashing more dummies with his hammer.

He stopped, slowly floating down and glitching again. He landed on his feet but they buckled underneath him, falling to his knees. He was shaking and glitching nonstop again.

Nightmare walked up to him carefully.

"Why couldn't I do this while I was stuck in the closet...?" Blue said angrily to himself, not seeing Nightmare. "Oh that's right! I'm a weak whore. I can't do shit by myself. Nightmare can't actually love me... why would he? No one likes broken toys. ... I'm pathetic... I can't even control my emotions correctly anymore...." He flopped forward, and curled up on his side, Back to Nightmare. "... he doesn't love me. I just fixed his eyes... that's all I did. ... I don't even love myself anymore, why would Nightmare love me?" He made an odd hiccup chuckling noise and suddenly sat up, again, not facing Nightmare. "Damnit! Blue stop crying! You're such a crybaby!" He started hitting his head, "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stu-!" Nightmare grabbed his gloved wrist. Blue immediately looked up in shock and his face fell as he looked away. Tears glistened on his face as he tried to wipe them away.

"How long have you been here...?" Blue whispered, his arm going limp in Nightmare's grip.

Nightmare moved his hand so he was holding Blue's hand and sat down next to him engulfing him in a hug. "The whole time..." Nightmare's voice was unusually high as he whispered.

"I'm sorry I-." Nightmare shushed him, just holding him.

"You know it's okay to not be okay... Right?"

Blue didn't look at him.

"Blue..." Nightmare tried, not earning a response. So instead, Nightmare gently took Blue's jaw into his hand, forcing Blue to look at him. "Blue, I do love you. What Ink said, what Ink did, it was wrong. What he called you was wrong. What he did was wrong. You may be broken, but unlike toys, broken monsters can be fixed. Monsters can be healed. All it takes is love and time. Blue I will love you forever and that holds both love and time. All you have to do is let me." Nightmare's voice was shaking as he looked into Blue's eyes.

Blue didn't believe him.

Nightmare let out a breath of air, setting his forehead on Blue's. "I know you don't believe me now... but I'll prove it. I love you Blue. And nothing is ever going to change that."

Dream emotionlessly watched his brother comfort Blue from the door way. He sighed and walked away, searching for something else to help with. He searched the emotionscape, finding that Dust was feeling nervous.

He trudged up the stairs and to Dust's room. The door was slightly agar so he peeked in, trying to get Dust's attention.

"I don't know, Paps. What if it's not the right time?" Dust seemed to be talking to himself again. He was holding two boxes in his hands. Little black boxes.

"... I don't know... ... ... ... No! I can't do that!" Dust's face erupted into blush. "Because it's hard! ... yes it is! I can't just ask them! That's not how a proposal works! ... because it's supposed to be romantic and shit... English! I speak English. ... then why did you say 'language!' Hmm? ... ha. I win. ... oh, sorry... you know I was joking right..? ... okay... ... ... Wait what!?" Dust looked at the door to find Dream. He pushed the door a bit to show he was alone.

Dust hid his little boxes, "How long have you been here?"

"Um... long enough? Are you trying to properly propose to your boyfriends?" Dream said plainly.

Dust looked flustered from being called out. "A-and!? What's that got to do with you?"

"I could help? I don't know... I need to be productive... I need some thing to do..." Dream looked around the room, finding that slight silhouette of hands, and maybe a head with a scarf. "Is that Phantom? The ghost from your AU?" Dream tilting his head at the figure.

"Oh- wait! You can see him?"

"No, not really. Silhouette, yes. Him, not exactly... but, your proposal, I have a few ideas to give... if you want them that is."

"What exactly do you have in mind...?" Dust raised an eyebrow, looking at Dream somewhat hopeful.

"We set you up. Have Horror go on one simple mission, Killer on another, tell them you have your own as well but in actuality you are setting up the scene..." Dream froze as he realized that he did this. He had sent Ink and Classic to spread a little positivity while he set up a scene.

"Dream..?" Dust looked at him with slight concern and Dream snapped back to reality. (Oop there goes gravity. Lol sorry.)

Dream felt something wet on his face. He cursed in Japanese as he wiped away tears. He couldn't even feel the emotion, why was he crying? "Sorry, I don't know why I'm crying." He shot a weak smile at Dust in an attempt to ease his concern.

"Dream, ... you do know that your allowed to be upset... right?" Dust pocketed the little boxes as he stepped up to Dream.

"..." Dream looked away without a response, his smile dropped to a empty look. "I can't." He left Dust standing in the middle of the bedroom without looking at him, walking away and shutting the door.

"I am a walking second place metal, after all.... Isn't that right... Ink."

Hardly Emotions
Love conquers all

1097 words