Chapter 47: Forever Without

Ink crouched on the floor, the special vials in his hands. One was empty, the other was full.

Was he really going to do this?

Even without his vials, everything still hurt. It didn't make sense. It shouldn't be hurting. Ink hadn't been allowed to take his vials in a few days and they had worn off. This pain... this pain hurt. It hurt so bad. So bad it was physically making him sick.

He fell back, laying sprawled on the ground. The vials landed on either side of him, making it hard to choose what to do.

What he was told to do was intercept Dream at a MTS and use the filled vial.

What he wanted to do however... was completely different.

Ink though vaguely of OuterTale, but didn't go into detail in his thoughts as he knew Fate would notice. That was exactly what he didn't want.

Fate's attention.

Funny how all he wanted when he was younger was Fates attention. Now he had it and he didn't want it.

He grabbed the empty vial and crushed it in his hand. Glass shards stabbed his palm but he couldn't feel it. The only pain he could feel was the sickening sensation the filled his body.

Blood dripped on the floor. It wasn't red or gold like a mortal or an immortal. It was black. Iridescent black. It shimmered with a sick beauty but it gave Ink a reason to get up. He tried to move only to realize he couldn't.

He snorted with annoyance, "May I clean my hand?" He huffed. This was something Fate had started. He had to ask before he could do anything.

You may.

Fate's voice had a sickly sweet tone that made Inks own feeling worse. He stood, blanching slightly as he headed for the bathroom.

He rinsed his hand in the sink before magic spiked his mind. He toppled and vomited into the toilet. Someone was in the doodle sphere. He frantically ran from the room, grabbing Broomie and swiping at the air. Suddenly the clean household flickered and turned dark and dusty.

Another dimension Fate had created was made special for Ink. That's were Ink was. Now he wasn't. No he was in reality. He stood in the shadows as a familiar skeleton walked in.

"Ink...?" He called out. Blue. It was Blue.

He didn't look like he wanted to fight. More like, give up. Error showed up and snapped a collar on Blue, Blue freaked out and then they left.

Nothing to worry about...

Ink let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He didn't have to hurt them. They were gone.

He flicked his brush and went back to the bathroom. The toilet had his iridescent blood in it. He cringed slightly and flushed it.  He was to tired for this so he crashed on the couch.

He woke with a start as he heard a loud noise from down the trap door. Like glass shattering.

He ran down to find Nightmare playing with a shattered porcelain plate. He had a crazed expression and what might have been terror. 

"Oh my deity, what are you doing?" Ink said in a fed up voice. He opened the prison door.

Nightmare lunged at him, sliding underneath him and making a dash for the trap door.

Ink, startled at the fact that the chain was broken, pretty much lagged for a moment.

One could probably see the loading symbol spinning on his forehead as he tried to process what just happened.

Pain pinged his forehead.

Go after him you idiot!

Fate screamed at him. Ink got his thoughts back and he dashed after the run away skeleton.

"Nightmare! You can't leave! It's literally impossible!" Ink shouted at Nightmare climbed the steps.

"Too bad!" He shouted back, shutting the door and sitting on it.

Nightmare sat on the trapdoor, holding it closed as best he could. He knew he only had a few seconds before Ink was able to push him off.

He pulled as much panic and distress from his mind as possible and broadcasted it as strong as possible. He knew that what ever shield that had been placed on the house had been broken years ago and there was no way Dream would miss his call for help.

He felt the trap door jump underneath him and he was tossed back.

He grunted as his head hit the wall that was very close to the door. Ink jumped out and grabbed his foot, dragging him back over the door and back down.

He struggled futilely, kicking at Ink's hand. "Let me go!!" He screeched as that is the only way to describe the way his voice sounded. He flipped and flopped on his rib cage, clawing at the floor broads. He was dragged under the door despite his desperate attempts to free himself from Ink's grip. He knew the second his head was under the trap door his broadcast would be cut.

"Help!" He cried in despair, while hoping his brother would catch it.

His head hit the stairs and went limp, letting Ink drag him down. He was weak like this. He didn't like this. He flipped and flopped back on his spine. It was more comfortable than being on his ribs. His arm trailed behind as Ink huffed, walking to the cell and throwing him into the wall. His legs hit the wall and he stared at the upside down Ink. Then looked away as Ink angrily pulled on the broken chain, somehow ripping it out of the wall with barely any force. Nightmare felt his soul palpitate with fear as he realized the strength of his kidnapper was immense.

"I hope you think twice next time you try to pull a stunt like that." Ink growled with emotionless red honing targets.

He created a new chain. Thicker than before and snapped around Nightmares neck. He picked up the pieces of shattered porcelain with a grim look, walking away and leaving a trail of iridescent black ink as he walked away.

Forever Without
Love Conquers All
Right?

1022 words