Chapter 36: Rings

(Oh my god it's an update! I'm so proud of myself.)

Dust looked up as a portal opened. Lust and Dream came through. Lust looked grim and Dream had tears running down his face but he didn't seem to have any emotion. Floating in his hands was his soul. The golden apple of a soul had a full on chunk taken from it. A line of blood ran down one of Dream's legs, and Dust jumped up from the bar chair. Horror had seen Dust suddenly stand out of the corner of his eye and face Dust to see Dream and Lust. Dream obviously hurt.

"Dream...?" Horror set his knife down, with worry and followed Dust.

Dream was wrapped up in Lust's hoodie again, the sleeveless one. He had his detached sleeves and Gloves in his hands. Horror and Dust saw the lines but didn't say anything. They knew what it was like to feel the need to do that. They didn't blame him.

Dream didn't say a word to anybody as he walked through the lounge and up the stairs. Lust, Horror and Dust watched him then looked at each other and then at who was in the lounge. Cross, Epic and Killer. Horror went back to the kitchen and Dust sat on the couch with Killer, pretty much spooning him with his arms around Killers chest, hugging him. He put his face in the side of Killers neck and didn't say a word. Dust knew what happened to Dream. He couldn't imagine losing a child. He brought one of his hands down to Killer's belly, feeling the tingling sensation of magic and the child. He could never imagine losing his child. He didn't want too but the more he thought about it the more he realized how easy it would be for Ink to take his child.

"Dusty...? Dusty what's wrong...?" Killer shifted on the couch, facing Dust. Dust knew that they were staring but he couldn't help the tears that started to roll down his cheek bones as he stared at Killer. "Dust what's wrong...? Are you okay?" He didn't respond but he pulled Killer in, hugging him tightly.

"I'm scared." He whispered eventually.

"Of what Dusty...?" Killer looked at he worriedly.

"Of Ink. Of losing our child. Of losing you, Killz. Of losing H. Of losing myself. I... Dream miscarried. I don't want to think about it but I can't help it. Killer I'm scared. We have no clue where he is. He could be watch us for all I know. I know he said Boss was next, but... what if he changed his mind? What if he decided he wants to go after the only good thing in our lives right now? What if he goes after you...?" Dust choked up and just put his face in Killer's chest, taking in his scent.

"Hey Brother...?" A voice asked.

"Hi Paps..." Dust whispered.

"What did you say Dusty?" Killer asked as he wrapped his arms around Dust. Dust shook his head, rubbing his face in Killer's shirt. "Oh. It's Phantom. You want to go to your room to talk to him?" Dust again shook his head. "Alright... Just let me know when you want me to let you go." Killer rubbed his skull and kissed it.

"I got you a surprise." The little ghost smiled as he floated next to his brother, who had move his face out of Killer's shirt but left his head leaning there.

"How...? You're a ghost paps..." Dust to everyone else probably looked like he was staring out into space and mumbling to himself.

"Just go look! Pleaseeee!?" Phantom begged.

"How...? What is it?" Dust sat up. "what did you do Phantom?" Dust asked as he got up. He looked at Killer with an apologetic expression. "Sorry, I'll be back." Dust kissed him on the forehead and turned back to the ghost who was beckoning him to follow him "Alright alright... I coming..." Dust followed them to his room and he pointed to two little boxes on the desk.

Two little black boxes. Actually, deep red. So dark it looked black. They were the size of his palm and his eyes widened. "Are those what I think they are...?" Phantom's smile grew larger and he nodded with a small hum of affirmation. Dust rushed up to them, gently grabbing one and opening it.

A ring. A silver ring with a small deep red diamond. Horror.

He opened the other one.

Another ring. A silver ring with a small black diamond. Killer.

Dust looked a Phantom. "How did you..?" He saw another ring in his hand.

The same design as the ones in the boxes. A small deep purple diamond.

Phantom had a small hopeful smile. "I... i knew you had been looking before every thing started... but you never found the ones... so I... do you like them?"

"Papyrus... I..." Dust felt his eye sockets sting. "I love them Paps! Their perfect!" Dust looked like he was about to cry but he didn't care.

"I'm glad." He dropped the purple ring in his hand. "That one is yours. You should hold on to it."

Dust could only nod as he put the ring in his pocket. He went back to the rings on his desk. "Paps your a genius." He placed the rings in his desk, just incase someone came in.

"I know Brother."

"To be honest paps... I'm surprised you're okay with this..."

"Why wouldn't I be? Are you okay brother?"

"I'm fine... but... well... technically we're the same person. Horror, Killer, and I..."

"No you're not."

Dust turned back to his ghost brother. "What do you mean? We are all Sans."

"Yes, but you aren't the same. You may have been when you were younger, but now, you each have different lives. Different personalities, different thoughts, different opinions, different memories... none of you are the same person anymore. None of you have the same feelings. None of you have the same lives. You each are different people in reality."

Dust stared at his younger brother. "I... you actually do understand. You used to say you didn't... why?"

"Because I didn't... now I do..." Phantom looked away with a slight blush as he smiled to himself.

He had a crush. Cute. Dust thought, but he didn't say anything. "Thanks bro." Dust smiled at Phantom.

Rings
Love conquers all

1057 words