Chapter 33: They Cared

The building shook.

Blue didn't care.

"BLUE! A voice called out, it was familiar. Very familiar.

He didn't care.

Thumping came down the hall till it stopped, facing the door Blue was in.

He didn't care.

He slipped his finger along the edge of the paper, giving himself a paper cut.

He didn't care.

The door burst open, light spilling into the room.

He didn't care.

"Blue..?" He looked up. Cross stood in the door way. Nightmare was behind him.

Blue's eyes widened. They found him.

They cared.

Cross burst open the locked closet door, one of the only locked doors there.

Nightmare came up behind him as the light spilled into the room.
"Blue..."

Blue sat in the back of the empty closet, glitching, his entire body was covered in dried blood while his fingers were bleeding currently. He held a piece of paper, cutting his fingers on it.

When he finally looked up, his eye lights were dull, small, faded, washed out blue circles. When he actually saw Cross and Nighmare, his eyes widened, the color returned. He started bawling and Night rushed forward pulling him into a hug.

"Nightmare!" He gliched. He sobbed into the hug.

"its okay its okay, I've got you," Nightmare let him go, taking off his hoodie. He snapped the chains and slipped the extremely oversized hood over Blue's small form. Nightmare helped him stand, pulling him into another hug. Blue clung to him as though if he were to let go he would fall into the void.

Cross lead the way out to the front where Nightmare had forced Dream and Killer to stay.

"Blue!!" Dream yelled, immediately rushing over to the stumbling skeleton. Blue didn't care how weak he looked, he just survived four weeks in a closet, barely eating, barely sleeping, being sexualy assaulted on the daily, and scratching the Hell out of his body in insanity.

pain shot hrough his body, he gasped, stumbling towards the ground. Nightmare caught him before he could even put his hands out to catch himself.
His face was contorted with worry, "are you okay?"

Is that really a question right now?" He asked quietly.

"okay, yes, dumb question."

Horror and Error came out looking disgruntled, till they saw Blue, till which their faces rose into joyful shock then to worry.

"BLUE!!Error glitched, teleporting to Blue and engulfing him in a hug.

"Hey Error..." Blue whispered.

"what did he do to you...?" Error asked.

Blue shut his eye sockets and shook his head. He hid his head in Errors neck.

"You really are friends with all of them... Aren't you?" Dream asked.

Blue nodded and turned back to Nightmare. "I'm sorry..."

"for what...?"Nightmare wrapped his arms around Blue, his tentacles limp behind him.

Blue leaned into Night's chest, "For running off to find Dream without you..." Blue regretted it immensely.

"no no! You do not have to be sorry! You were scared and worried that Ink would do something, and he did! He stabbed Dream, almost killing Palette!..." he stopped talking and looked down at Blue. Really looked at him. "Blue....?"