Chapter 40: Thoughts

Ink swallowed the blue paint vial. Sadness immediately took over him but he drank another, this one red. Anger mixed with the deep Sadness as he drank a Purple one, filling him with guilt and anxiety.

Why was he still doing this...?

Green. Do not touch the yellow today.

Ink grabbed the green vial, throwing the contents into the back of his mouth. Disgust.

He sighed into the bathroom sink. He looked up at the mirror. "Orange?"

I don't care about that one.

"Why not?" Ink lifted skeletal brow.

It's not positive or negative so I don't have to care.

Ink shrugged, "fair enough..." he shouldered his sash and looked back at the mirror. He looked exhausted and broken. He splashed water on his face from the tap before leaving it.

Where was he? The empty Star Sanses home.

He walked down the hall noticing that one of the doors where open. It was Blue's old room.

It was dusty from being untouched in months. Ink spaced out as he stared into the dark room, tears tracing pathways down his cheekbones.

Ink.

Ink.

Ink!

...

Unfinished project 2-87.

"Hmm?" Ink jumped at the name, snapping out of his mind. His face filled with fear, "I forgot my name again..."

Ink.

"Oh... right..." his fingers played with his scarf, and he closed Blue's door.

I swear Ink, if you forget one more time not even Chaos will be able to stop me from killing you.

Ink shivered and nodded. "Sorry ma'am..." Ink responded immediately, feeling the painful sensation Fate liked to randomly hit him with.

Error chuckled to himself as Nightmare repeatedly showered Blue in little kisses. Blue only gave a confused look with a tilted head.

Nightmare gave him a worried look at the lack of response and decided to just cuddle with him.

They were watching Fast and Furious 6 for the millionth time. (Little head cannon no one will ever be able to talk me out of is that the entirety of the Bad Sanses absolutely love the Fast and Furious series.) [reread this sentence and thought it said the Fat and Furious.]

Blue fell asleep halfway through the movie with Nightmare spooning him on the couch. Nightmare has been the only one that could touch Blue without warning and not making him crash. Error could too but Error and voluntarily touching? Not a thing.

Not to mention the worried glances shot at Blue through out his sleep by everyone. Cross and Horror kept whispering to each. Killer was eating pickles again, and Dust had another sleep episode. Epic was shushing Cross who seemed to be ignoring him in a friendly manner.

What was most interesting was that last week, Error had seen the trio, Dust, Horror, and Killer, wearing rings on their left ring fingers. Error hadn't said anything and Dust gave him a thankful look. So they weren't ready to say they were getting married soon. That's okay.

Dream and Lust haven't told anyone it but they were dating as far as Error was concerned. Dream was doing better now too, still upset, yes, but better. No longer emotionless. Well, sometimes. Depended on what Dream was thinking about.

At some point towards the end of the movie, Nightmare got up as went up stairs. He came back down a few minutes later looking traumatized and just sat back down and cuddled up with Blue and a blanket.

When the movie was over Blue jolted awake, probably from the sudden silence. Error remembered how Blue hadn't slept well in the anti-void after the... kidnapping? Could it really be considered a Kidnapping if it was an accident? Anyway Blue couldn't sleep in silence, so Error always had one of his "shows" playing in the background when Blue was there.

"..." Blue looked tired as hell. "I'm going to take a shower..." Blue got up, leaving Nightmare on the couch who made no attempt at getting his teddy bear back.

Error looked at Nightmare with a raised skeletal brow, he obviously wanted Blue to sit back down, but he only sighed and let go of Blue when he got up.

He looked like he was thinking and he suddenly looked at Blue who was about to go up the stairs. Nightmare had a very flustered look, his face a little bit flushed. "Cover your ears as you walk by Lust's room. I made the mistake of not doing that half an hour ago." He shivered as though he could still hear it from the lounge. Knowing him and his strong sense of hearing, he probably could and hadn't paid any attention to it till he was up there.

Blue nodded with not so much as a flush to the face to betray his emotions. Error watched him worriedly as he walked upstairs.

So~ how are you, my little toy?

Error jolted up with sudden attention, his eyes wide as he stared at the wall. He growled.

Fate. What do you want?

Oh, nothing, not from you anyway.

Error scoffed and every one looked at him, he gave them a look that said 'leave me alone.' And they all went off and did their own thing.

Then what do you want? Why are you talking to me all of a sudden? You haven't said a word since... Blue... ...

His eyes flew wide at the thought.

"No. You didn't. You wouldn't! ... did you...?" Everyone looked at him again from his sudden outburst, this time he didn't care.

Maybe, maybe not.

"No... Fate I swear! Answer the question! Did you or did you not!?"

Hmm~ I don't have too answer to the likes of you. Remember your place mistake.

Pain shot through Error's soul and he grimaced with a sharp exhale and gasp. Then she was gone.

Error looked down, his eyes wide as he thought to himself. Fate wouldn't do something like that... right? Who was he kidding, Fate would probably do that. But until he could get Ink to talk there ain't no way he was going to tell anyone.

"Everything okay Error..?" Killer asked, he was twisting the ring on his finger with nervousness. Killers baby bump was very noticeable now seeing as he was now 5 to 6 months pregnant. The little soul was glowing through his shirt.

"Y-yeah... everything's fine..." Error hesitated but everything was fine... for now at least.

Thoughts
Error is worried
Blue is ...
Dream and Lust 🫣
(Poor Dreamy Boy🤭)
Love conquers all

1067 words