Chapter 9

[Flashback]

1 day earlier in the ruins...

Laffey and Javelin can be seen being chased by Ayanami through the ruins.

Ayanami: "They are running! Not again! I had enough of this!"

Ayanami then fires her torpedoes at the duo which hits them real hard and the torpedoes exploded! But however, the two destroyers are still alive! But are wounded.

Ayanami: "What's wrong? Why won't you fight?"

Javelin and Laffey then gets back up. They turned to see Ayanami drawing her sword out, Javelin was about to attack when Laffey approaches Ayanami and stop just after a few seconds. Then, Ayanami then takes a step back before charging at the Benson-class destroyer.

Javelin: "Laffey, watch out!"

Scene cuts to the Sirens ships firing their laser cannons at the fleet...

Three F-35C jump jets can be seen swooping down onto one of the Siren ships and they proceed to fire their anti-ship missile at the unsuspecting enemy warship, obliterating it!

Meanwhile...

It appears that Ayanami has sliced off Laffey's long hair, mmm, what a slick cut! So! Apparently Laffey was undeterred by the move! Which greatly annoys the sh*t out of the Fubuki-class destroyer!

Ayanami: "Why? Why won't you fight me?!"

Laffey: "Because I don't feel like fighting you."

Then, Laffey then extends her arm to somehow offer her a handshake. Which causes Ayanami to step back.

Ayanami: *Gasps* "Doesn't matter! We are enemies!"

Laffey: "I know we are. So what? I'd rather be your friend."

Javelin(Thoughts): "Oh, I see, I think I understand. Because that's how I felt. I wanted to be her friend as well."

And the Fubuki-class destroyer then took a glance at Laffey's hand, having to choose whether she wants to shake her hand, or finish her off. But then, she slapped her hand and turns around to retreat.

Javelin: "Ayanami wait!"

[Flashback ends.]

At the Azur Lane...

At the port...

Cleveland can be seen approaching the four new modern day warships.

Cleveland: "So, who are you guys?"

Then, the four of them turned to look at Cleveland.

Ford: "Ahh, I'm glad that you've asked, I am the USS Gerald R. Ford, lead ship of the Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier. My real name is Gerald Rudolph Ford."

Kennedy: "Second ship of the Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier, USS John F. Kennedy, real name, John Fitzgerald Kennedy."

Izumo: "JS Izumo, lead vessel of the Izumo-class helicopter destroyers. And plus, I am not your enemy and I do not mean any harm."

Missouri: "The USS Missouri, third ship of the Iowa-class battleships, also known as, 'The Mighty Mo'."

Ford: "And yes, Mr. John Fitzgerald Kennedy and I are nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, just like Admiral Nimitz. Meaning that we can run for 20-25 years without refueling!"

Cleveland: "Woah! I don't believe it! So, how's Nimitz doing? Is he alright?"

Then, the RF Admiral Kuznetsov approached her and stopped just a few metres away from her.