Chapter 1

(Anastasia)

(Anastasia)

(Michael 1997)

(Michael 1997)

------------------------

September 2nd, 1997
*Anastasia's POV*

Today I have an important job interview.
Recently I signed up to a agency, where they would contact me as soon as there is a job that suits me. And I indeed got called and there is a good opportunity for a good job as a security. The Salary definitely got me shocked...

I just took a shower and was now about to get dressed up, I decided for a formal outfit:
Black pants, white tank top, black blazer and some black heels. I curled my long brown hair and walked over to my vanity, ready to do my makeup: I put on some concealer to cover up the under-eye-bags, as well as some black eyeliner which makes my hazel-green eyes pop out even more, I also put some blush, mascara and some clear lipgloss.

Once I've finished I grabbed my bag and my keys and walked out of my apartment, walking over to my car and entering it.
I have to admit that I am nervous, really nervous. I don't know much about this Job, I only know that's it's an important position since the Job means to be a security for someone big - I don't know who that person is - but I for sure now that it's an important position and I am going to do anything to get that Job today.

I inserted the keys into the ignition and started the car, riding down the streets of Los Angeles.

After about 15-20 minutes - because of the traffic - I finally arrived at the building where I am going to have my Job interview. I parked the car and looked at my reflection into the rear view mirror, I took a deep breath trying to calm down.

"You've got this, Ana. You can do this. You're going to get that Job today, no matter what." I whispered to myself.

After calming down I grabbed my purse and exited the car, before walking into the building and stopping at the big reception.

"Hi m'am, my name is Anastasia Johnson, I have an interview today." I said in a calm tone, she smiled and nodded at me, she gave a quick look on the computer before talking to me.
"Hello Mrs. Johnson, we're glad that you came. You can take the elevator and go upstairs, Mrs. Brown is waiting for you." she then said while gently smiling at me. I thanked her before walking towards the elevator and going upstairs.

As soon as I arrived I got greeted by Mrs. Brown and she immediately walked me into her office, taking a seat in front of me behind her desk.

"Mrs. Johnson, I'm very happy that you're here today, I hope you're doing good so far." she gently said, I crossed my legs and flashed her a smile.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Brown. I'm doing very good, thanks." I then replied.
"So ... tell me about yourself." she said as she locked her hands interlocking the fingers and looking at me. I cleared my throat before talking... my hands were literally shaking.

"My name is Anastasia Johnson, I'm 25 years old and I qualified as security about 3 years ago. I already have experience in that area, as I've worked as a security before already..." I started, I explained her everything about me that was relevant to this Job, as well as my capacities. After 10 minutes of talking I finally stopped. She simply nodded and wrote some notes on a piece of paper.
"Well, Mrs. Johnson... that sounds really good. You're actually the first one, between many that I've already met before you, that actually gave me a good impression. Your curriculum is excellent and you seem to be nice and mature...." she stated while looking at the piece of paper that was lying on her desk, I gulped. There was silence for a couple of minutes, until she looked up to me. "Alright. You're hired." my eyes went wide after she has spoken these words.
"R-really?" I asked,
"Yes. There are just a few more details that I need to tell you about this position..." she said before releasing a deep sigh. I simply nodded. "You know that you're going to be the personal security of someone... 'big' right? That someone is a celebrity known worldwide, which requires a tough work as well as attention, 24/7." she said, so that someone is a celebrity? That celebrity must be someone really big if that would mean tough work and attention 24/7 ...
"Yes, I am well aware of that Mrs. Brown... may I ask who that celebrity is?" I gently asked, she licked her lips and cleared her throat before answering my question.
"It's Mr. Michael Jackson." she stated.

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped onto the floor ... did she really just say that? I'm going to be the personal security of the King Of Pop aka Michael Jackson?!

I tried to remain calm and to not show how nervous I was about the fact that she just told me, that I am going to be Michael Jackson's Security.
But she clearly noticed ...

"I know that it's shocking news... but I'm pretty sure that you know how to manage all of that, Mrs. Johnson. I'm sure that this job was made just for you." she said while flashing me an encouraging smile, I gulped and slightly smiled back while nodding. "There is just one important rule..." she added, oh there's also rules?
"Yes m'am?" I said,
"You are not allowed to have any type of relationship with Mr. Jackson. He is your boss. You need to follow his orders, nothing more nothing less. No friendship, no love interest." she stated, I gulped and nodded.
"Okay Mrs. Brown, I understand." I said. She nodded.
"Perfect. I'm going to schedule a meeting with Mr. Jackson and the rest of the securities so that you can get to know them, I'll contact you as soon as I have settled the meeting. Once you've met the rest we'll tell you when you're going to start. I will also prepare the contract for you. Is that alright with you, Mrs. Johnson?" she asked as she stood up, I stand up as well.
"Yes, that sounds perfect. Thank you very much, Mrs. Brown." we smiled at each other before saying goodbye.

I immediately left the building and walked into my car, I then finally exhaled and tried to get back to my regular breathing again. I still have to realise what just happened...