Chapter 14

December 25th, 1997
*Anastasia's POV*

Today is Christmas Day. I am now getting ready to go grocery shopping with my mom, for tonight's dinner. She has invited some of her old friends who basically are 'family friends' that I grew up with.
After we came back home from grocery shopping, I helped her clean the apartment and then we all started getting ready ... my mind kept travelling to Michael, wondering how he's doing and what his plans are for tonight. I'd do anything to be there with him and Prince ...

As soon as I came out of the shower I decided to wear black stockings with a black and red plaid skirt, paired with a black sweatshirt and some high-knee-boots:

I then curled my hair and did my makeup.
By the time we all finished getting ready, it was already 7 p.m and the first guests started to arrive... I went to the main door to open it, and greeted the family friends with a hug, wishing them all a happy Merry Christmas.

"Oh, Anastasia, I didn't know you would come for the Holidays. It's been forever since I last seen you." one of my mother's closest friends, Silvia, said.
"Well, I really missed my mom and sisters so I had to come for the Holidays." I then replied with a smile. She simply nodded.
"It's good having you around, Ana!" she then said, I thanked her and walked into the kitchen to help my mom preparing dinner. Silvia followed us and started chatting with my mom.
"Is Will not coming tonight, Silvy?" my mom then asked her, Will is Silvia's Son, I haven't seen him since I was a little kid.
"Yes he is, he should be here any minute now." Silvia replied.

We kept preparing dinner while some Christmas music kept playing in the background, shortly after the doorbell ringed, I walked towards the door and opened it, revealing a young man ...

"Anastasia?" he asked completely shocked, I lifted one of my brows until I realised that he is Will.
"Oh my god... Will?" I said, before embracing him in a hug.
"Long time no see! How are you?" he asked me,
"I'm doing good, what about you?" I replied, he then stepped inside and we started chatting.

I remember when we were little kids, he used to have a crush on me... but I never felt the same way as he did. I wonder if his crush is over now...

After chatting for a while, dinner was finally ready and we all took a seat around my mother's dining table and started praying before eating this delicious food.
Everything seemed to be just perfect, we spent an amazing time together. After dinner we gave each other our Christmas Presents and joked around, we even played some games, and we definitely talked a lot. I missed all of this... but I didn't miss Minnesota. I had way too many negative memories here, that's the main reason why I left and moved to Los Angeles, California.

*Michael's POV*

My family came over to Neverland today, spending the Christmas day together. I haven't seen my brothers in a while, the only ones that I kept in touch with was my mother and my sister Janet, they are the only ones with whom I get along very well ...
Prince enjoyed every minute of the day, he kept playing with his uncles and aunts, until it was time for the Christmas presents, that was the part I enjoyed the most... it was Prince's first Christmas and it was important for me to see my son happy and enjoy his first Christmas.

The only thing missing is Anastasia...
I wonder what she's doing right now. Is she alright? Is she happy?
I got snapped back to reality because of my mother,

"Is everything alright Michael?" she asked me while we sat further away from the other ones, I looked at her and flashed her a sweet reassuring smile.
"Yes, mother. Everything is perfectly fine." I replied, she stared at me. She knew me way too well, so she probably knew that nothing was alright.
"Are you sure? You don't look like everything would be perfectly fine..." she then said, I sighed. I don't know if I should tell her... "talk to me, Mike." she reassured me while caressing the back of my head.
"It's... it's because of Anastasia, mother." I whispered so that no one could hear me.
"Anastasia?" she asked confused, of course she doesn't know who she is.
"It's the new security... she started working for me in September..." I replied while looking down at my hands, until she puts her index finger under my chin, lifting my head up so that her eyes met mine.
"So? You like her?" she asked with a smile on her face, I couldn't help but smile back. "Yes you do. You love her, don't you?" she then asked, examining the look on my face. I simply nodded.
"She's different, mother ... we are really good friends, she doesn't know what I feel for her just yet. But she makes me feel in some kind of way that I can't describe..." I whispered, she then caressed my cheek.
"But you should tell her... maybe she feels the same way." she then replied, I shook my head.
"I can't tell her until I get the divorce from Debbie..." I stated before releasing a heavy sigh, yes my family knows about the divorce.
"Do you really want to keep it to yourself for so long, my love?" she then said.
"I don't have another choice, mother..." I then said while looking at Prince, who was playing with his Christmas presents.
"There is always a second option... there is always a solution." she said after a while. I smiled.
"You'd love her." I then snapped, still smiling like an idiot. I looked back to my mother, who was now smiling as well.
"I already love her, because I can see how happy she makes you." she said before embracing me in a sweet loving hug.

I can't wait for her to meet my mother and my sister Janet...

Later on, everyone said their goodbyes and left. I then put Prince to sleep before heading to my bedroom and change in my pyjamas before laying down on my bed, and calling Anastasia ...

"Hey Jackson." she said, making me smile.
"Hey Johnson." I replied, "Merry Christmas." I whispered,
"Merry Christmas, Mike." she replied, "so how was your day?" she then asked.
"It was fine ... Prince definitely enjoyed every moment of it." I said before releasing a deep sigh,
"And what about you? Did you enjoy it?" she asked, of course not.
"Sure... and how was your day? How is your family doing?" I asked trying to change the subject,
"It was fine and my family is doing alright. It was a fun night..." she said almost whispering, something sounded weird in her voice though.
"Everything alright, Ana?" I asked with a little bit of worry in my voice, she remained silent for a while.
"Yes, everything is alright... I just... miss you." she then said, causing my heart to skip a beat.
"I miss you too ..." I replied.

We kept talking again until she fell asleep, that has become our routine lately. We would stay on the phone until one of us - or both - fell asleep, because none of us wants to hang up. My mother is right, I can't hold my feelings back for any longer...