Chapter 36

May 26th, 1998
*Anastasia's POV*

I had surgery yesterday, because of the spontaneous abortion, after I woke up they accompanied me back to the Ranch, so here I am. I'm in Michael's Neverland Ranch, laying in the guest room's king-sized-bed, tucked under the bedsheets... I feel empty... I feel like a part of me is missing... I have cried for the entire night, I was in pain because of the surgery and because I've lost my and Michael's baby. Michael spent the night with me in the guest room, he cuddled with me the entire night and never left me alone.

He had to leave early this morning because of some work to do, but he said he'll be back soon.
Suddenly I heard footsteps, and when I turned around I noticed Prince crawling inside the room, coming closer to my bed.
I slowly sit up and bend over to grab him, and put him in the bed next to me.

"Hi little man..." I whispered in a weak tone, he smiled at me and placed a wet-slobby kiss on my cheek, causing me to smile slightly. I immediately hugged him, and he cuddled with me. "I'm so sorry that I couldn't give you another sibling..." I then whispered again, I suddenly felt a lump in my throat, but I tried hard not to cry in front of Prince.

I kept thinking about the situation between me and Michael... thinking if I should give him another chance, forget everything and try to get back with him. But I still couldn't decide...

"What do you say, Prince? Should I give Dada another chance?" I then joked, while caressing his short blonde hair, he looked up at me and gave me a toothless smile.
"Dada!" he said, causing me to giggle.
"Is that a yes?" I asked,
"Dada." he repeated. I chuckled and placed a sweet kiss onto his forehead.

All of a sudden I heard knocking on the door, even though the door was open, I looked over and it was one of the maids ...

"Mrs. Johnson ? There is someone wanting to see you." the woman gently said,
"Who is that?" I asked confused. Before the maid could answer, Madison stepped forward and smiled at me. She immediately rushed over to me, sitting on the bed and embracing me in a friendly hug.
"Oh, Ana..." she whispered onto my neck, I slightly smiled while holding her tight to me.
"Hi stranger.." I whispered, she then removed herself from my arms and looked at me.
"How are you feeling?" she asked almost whispering, I sighed.
"How should I feel?" I replied while looking back at Prince, who was now playing with his toy, still sitting on the bed next to me.
"You're right, that was a stupid question..." Madison said, before releasing a deep sigh. "How are things going between you and Michael?" she then asked.
"I'm still thinking about it... if I should give him another chance..." I replied.
"Ana... c'mom think straight... yes he did a mistake, but it was before you two even started dating. I think he is really sorry and he really didn't mean to hurt you... he loves you, he really does." she then said. I looked over to her.
"And how do you know that?" I asked, while raising one of my brows.
"Because I know. He told me... when I helped him with your Birthday Party we talked... or should I say, he talked about you. He seemed honest." she then replied giving me a smirk.
"Really?" I replied, she nodded.

I sucked my teeth and looked back at Prince again. I know that he does... I know he loves me. I would be lying if I say that I don't want him back. I do want him back, I want him, I need him and I love him.

Madison them started caressing my arm, making me look back at her, and she flashed me a sweet smile.

"Deep down in your heart... you know what you want. Listen to your heart and not to your brain. You need him." she then said, I sighed and nodded.
"I know... you're right... I'll have a talk with him." I replied.

We ended up chatting about other stuff, until she said her goodbyes and left. I noticed that Prince was getting tired, so I tried to slowly get up from bed, gently grabbed him, and started walking towards his room. I was still in pain and couldn't walk properly, but with a lot of will and luck I made it to Prince's room. I then sang him a lullaby, until he fell asleep, and placed him in his crib.
When I turned around I noticed Michael standing and leaning against the door. He smiled.

"You aren't supposed to walk around the house.. you need some rest." he said. I rolled my eyes.
"I know, but Prince was tired and I had to put him to bed." I replied while slowly walking towards him, he immediately grabbed me and accompanied me back to the guest room, helping me to lay back in the bed again. Right when he was about to leave, I grabbed his hand stopping him.
"Wait... stay." I said, he smiled at me and sat down next to me.
"What's wrong?" he asked.

*Michael's POV*

I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me what's wrong.
"We need to talk..." she said while looking at her hands. "I... thought about... us." she added. My heart was racing.
"You did?" I asked curiously. She nodded. She released a deep sigh before locking her eyes into mine.
"This isn't easy for me.. it's going to take a lot of time to gain the trust back..." she started, I simply nodded and listened to her, "but I am willing on trying again... I would be lying if I say that I don't want you. I do, and I need you... and ... I love you." she added. I smiled brightly.
"Anastasia... I promise you, that I'll do anything in my capacity to win your trust back. I promise to make it up on you." I then said, while a smile made its way her face.

She pushed me closer to her, so that I was now leaning on her chest, and she locked our lips into a sweet gentle kiss... soon our tongues started dancing together, giving me a tingling sensation all over my body. I missed her, I missed her lips, her taste, her perfume... I missed everything about her.

"Don't mess up again, Jackson... next time I won't forgive you." she whispered onto my lips, I giggled.
"That won't happen, don't worry." I whispered, before locking my lips onto her's again.