Chapter 50

July 21st, 2001
*Anastasia's POV*

Today my mother decided to accompany me and Michael on a baby-shopping-spree... that's something she wanted to do at all costs, even though I told her that she doesn't have to, but she said that she has to buy something for her grandson.

So we were now inside of a shopping centre here in Minnesota, I was walking hand-in-hand with Michael, my mother next to us, and the securities behind us.
We had to rent out the entire shopping centre since it was impossible to go shopping with all those fans... but as soon as we entered a baby-mall, some fans started crowding outside the mall, screaming and taking photos of us through the windows. Damn, now I understand... now I know how Michael has felt for many years. It's impossible to live a normal life.

My mother started looking for baby clothing, dragging me with her. Michael stayed further away, enjoying every second of torture and kept laughing at me.
Don't get me wrong, I love my mom. I really do. But since she found out the gender of the baby she is going crazy... and my pregnancy hormones are telling me to explode, but I'm hardly trying to remain calm.

After about an hour, my mom had a basket full of baby-clothing that she was going to buy for us.

"Mom, you really don't have to do it... it's so much,-" I started before she interrupted me,
"Ana. Stop it. It's my first ever grandson, I need to do it and I will do it, no matter what you say. Understood?" she confidently said, I sucked my teeth and looked at Michael who was standing at the entrance with the securities, asking him for help through the look on my face. He giggled and walked closer to us.
"Mrs. Johnson... we appreciate it, but you really don't have to." he then said, but my mom immediately eyed him, signing to shut the hell up. He chuckled and lifted his hands up in resignation.

We then walked to the cashier, and my heart dropped onto the floor when I noticed the total price: 120$
My mother paid, and gave me the bag before walking out of the mall. That woman is crazy.

After some struggles of getting out of the mall, we finally reached our car, and the securities immediately obeyed to my mom's command, escorting us to a ice-cream-shop.
As soon as we arrived, we ordered some ice cream's before walking to a park.

"So, Michael, how do you like Minnesota so far?" my mom asked him, while we kept walking and eating our ice cream. In a split second, I already finished mine.
"It's very lovely here. I'm starting to have nostalgia of my hometown as well.. I haven't been there in forever." he then said with a slight smile on his face, before looking down at his feet. I looked at him and immediately felt bad for him... maybe we should take a trip to Gary, Indiana as well one day.
"Well, why don't you two go to your hometown then?" my mom replied, making us both look in her direction. She giggled. "What?" she asked.

I looked over at Michael, our eyes met and he smiled widely, waiting for a response of mine.

"Uh, we can whenever you want." I said, his face immediately had a glow and he smiled from ear-to-ear before pecking my lips.
"You don't know how much I love you, baby." he then whispered on my lips, causing me to blush and giggle.

July 22nd, 2001

We just arrived back home in the Neverland Ranch, it was noon and Janet said that she would bring the kids back tonight before dinner.
So me and Michael had time to get some rest before their arrival.

As soon as we arrived we walked upstairs into the bedroom and I started unpacking my stuff, separating the baby-clothing so that I can organise them in the baby's room soon...

I then took a shower and tucked myself under the bedsheets, falling into a deep-peaceful slumber. That's another thing... the pregnancy hormones made me feel extremely exhausted sometimes.