Chapter 17

January 2nd, 1998
*Anastasia's POV*

As soon as Bill stopped the car in front of my apartment, we all stepped out of the car and Michael immediately helped me to bring my luggage inside the apartment.
That was actually the first time that he came in my apartment, so of course he looked around.

I took the luggage and brought it into my room, before walking back in the living room where he was looking at the pictures hanging on the wall.

"You have a really nice apartment, Anastasia." he then said while looking at me and flashing me a smile. I immediately smiled back.
"Thank you. Do you want something to drink? Or to eat?" I then asked walking towards the kitchen, followed by him.
"Uhm, what about we order some food?" he then offered,
"Yea, sounds good to me. What do you want? KFC?" I asked jokingly making us both giggle,
"You know me so well." he then said, I shrugged my shoulders like: yes I know.
"Be right back." I then told him and went in my room to grab my phone.

I then digit the number of KFC and ordered some food for us, when I walked back into the living room I found him sitting on my sofa. As soon as he noticed me, he patted on his lap, signing me to go and sit there... uhh okay?
I walked closer and took a seat on his lap, smiling shyly. He immediately wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me.

"Damn I missed you..." he then whispered while staring at me, I felt like blushing... my face was literally burning. He giggled. Yea, I was blushing.
"I missed you too." I whispered back.
"How was it getting back in Minnesota?" he then asked, I sighed.
"I was happy because I was able to see my family again, but being in Minnesota... that was hard, I have a lot of negative memories down there..." I stated, he nodded in agreement. "To be honest I'm happy to be back." I confessed. He smirked.
"Happy to be back because of me, hm?" he teased, I gently slapped his arm causing us both to laugh.
"How is Prince doing? I've missed him too." I then said smiling brightly.
"He's doing good and he missed you just as much." he said smiling back at me.

After a while we heard the doorbell ringing, I got up and walked to the door, opening it and paying the young man that brought us our food. I then closed the door and placed the food on the dining table.
Michael then joined me and we started eating, talking and laughing about things that didn't matter to the world but to us.

Once we finished eating our food, I threw away the papers in the garbage and cleaned everything.
When I walked back to the living room Michael disappeared, I then walked into my room and there he was, laying on my bed preparing to watch a movie on the TV standing in my bedroom. I giggled...

"What are you doing?" I asked,
"Come here, let's watch a movie." he then said smiling at me.
"But what about John?" I then asked confused.
"I told him to go, I was thinking on staying here overnight, if that is alright with you?" he then asked. Oh my... I gulped.
"Sure. More than okay." I replied and smiled "I'll just change real quick, I'll be right back." I then added.

I walked to my closet grabbing my pyjamas and locking myself in the bathroom to freshen up and change my clothes.

*Michael's POV*

After a few minutes she walked out of the bathroom, revealing herself in soaking wet hair, make-up-less, wearing a satin gown with a satin robe. My lips were slightly parted, I was speechless... she then sat down next to me on her bed, chuckling. I gulped.

"What are you laughing about, Johnson?" I teased her, trying to adjust myself so that she doesn't notice what she just caused in my lower body.
"Oh, nothing." she teased me still laughing, "let's watch the movie." she then added. I nodded.

I layed down opening my arm so that she could cuddle upon my chest, and she did. She smelled so good ...
I gently caressed her back while we started watching the movie.
Without even noticing my hand slowly went down on her lower back, but I guess she didn't notice. This girl is driving me insane...

At some point I noticed that her breathing changed, I leaned in to look at her and I was right: she fell asleep. I smiled while gently caressing her hair, still a little bit wet from the shower she took earlier. I then looked over at the clock and noticed it was already 9 p.m and I was feeling tired as well... so I decided to turn off the TV and try to get some rest as well, until she cuddled up closer, putting her leg over mine, her gown moved a little bit higher revealing her 'naked' legs...
My breath has become heavy, I couldn't focus on anything else... I placed my other hand on her leg, gently caressing her skin, it felt smooth... my heart started racing really fast, I thought it would jump off my chest. I need to stop...

I immediately removed my hand, turning my head to the other side so that I can't look at her, and tried closing my eyes.
Of course I couldn't sleep ... it took me forever until I finally fell into a deep slumber.

January 3rd, 1998

When I tried opening my eyes, I noticed that the sun was already up... I then tried to adjust my eyes to the light, and once I did I turned around but Anastasia wasn't laying next to me anymore. I immediately got up went to the bathroom to freshen up, before walking out noticing that she was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. I smiled from ear-to-ear.

"Good morning." I said, she jumped as she turned around, placing her palm on her chest, making me giggle. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." I apologised.
"Ugh.. it's okay, good morning." she then replied flashing me a smile. She was still wearing that nightgown... I bit my lower lip and walked closer.
"Do you need help?" I politely asked.
"Oh no, no need. I'm done anyway." she then replied.

She then grabbed the food and the coffee and placed it on the dining table, we then sat down and started eating the delicious pancakes and eggs that she cooked ... and it was really good. We were both quiet while eating, and that was kinda embarrassing... after we've finished our breakfast I helped her to clean up.

She then walked to the living room turning on the TV revealing the News Channel who was showing a photo of us from yesterday in the Airport, where I was holding her in my arms and her legs wrapped around my waist... oh my god.

"Michael Jackson was spotted yesterday in the LAX Airport with a girl hugging him, they walked out of the Airport hand-in-hand. Is Michael Jackson cheating on his pregnant-wife Debbie with a younger girl? Oh and there's more: it looks like that girl is his new Security..."

The woman in the News said, I immediately grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. I turned around to face her and she was in shock... speechless.

"Anastasia... I'm so sorry..." I said almost whispering.
"I-it's okay..." she replied,
"No, it's not okay ... it's... it's messed up... I'm so sorry." I then said before taking a seat on her sofa covering up my face with my hands. She then took a seat next to me, grabbing my hands and pulling them away from my face. She then cupped my face forcing me to look at her.
"Hey... stop. It's not your fault, you hear me? It's the tabloids... ignore them. I don't care about them and I don't care what they say. We know the truth and that's what matters. Okay?" she said in a sweet tone trying to reassure me.
"Yes but...-" I said before getting interrupted by her,
"No but's... let them be." she said, I ended up nodding in agreement and embracing her in a sweet-long hug.