Chapter 48

July 20th, 2001
*Anastasia's POV*

It has been three weeks, since we announced that I'm pregnant. Three weeks, since Michael proposed to me.
I am the happiest woman alive... the happiest I've ever been. Kinda... because the nausea has been killing me lately, or should I say: the pregnancy hormones.

I won't stop throwing up, and the funny thing is: the minute after throwing up, I have such big cravings that I could eat an entire buffet ...
Oh and, the minute after being angry as hell, my mood changes making me feel in need of attention, cuddles, and ... sex. Yep, I have a high sex drive.

Right now I'm 9 weeks pregnant (3 months), we still don't know the gender of the baby, but we're going to find out today, since today I have another appointment at the doctor's office for an ultrasound. I could tell that Michael was very excited.
I'm getting dressed right now, and I swear I'm freaking out.. since my belly is slowly starting to show - or should I say, that I am probably just bloated - my pants don't fit perfectly like they used to, I struggle to fit in them...

Suddenly I heard footsteps and soon Michael entered the bedroom, only to see me in the middle of a freak-out-moment... he giggled and walked closer to me, trying to hug me and calm me down.

"Baby.. hey.. calm down. What's wrong?" he said in a gentle and calm tone,
"My pants just don't fit like they used to!" I replied in a irritated tone, he giggled once again, grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him.
"Look at me..." he said, but I was too frustrated to do so, "Look at me, Anastasia." he repeated, I sighed and looked up at him. He flashed me a sweet smile.
"You look perfect... even if you're bloated... you look perfect in every clothing you wear. So stop freaking out and stop worrying." he whispered to me in a sweet tone. In a split second, I found myself sobbing in his arms. These pregnancy hormones are driving me insane...

We were now sitting on the bed, while Michael kept telling me bunch of sweet things, trying to calm me down, and after what felt like forever... it worked.

"You feel better now?" he said while looking deep into my eyes, a big smile plastered on his face. I wiped away my tears and nodded... I stared deep into his eyes, admiring every part of his face... his hair... all of a sudden, I felt a familiar feeling in my entire body... there we go again. Soon after, I climbed over sitting on his lap, my legs on the sides of his waist, our lips locked in a deep passionate kiss, our tongues dancing together...

All that, led to one thing: sex. That's probably the best part of these pregnancy hormones... because the sex was amazing to say at least.

After we've shared a passionate moment, making love to each other, we had a shower together before getting dressed.
This time, I decided to wear a simple dress with some sandals. It was better this way, instead of trying these pants on again with a high risk of freaking out again.

Once I was all ready, it was time for us to go to the Doctor's Office... yet, we arrived a little late, since I wanted to stop at a bakery to satisfy my cravings. Michael wouldn't stop making fun of me, telling me how adorable I looked. How was I adorable when I could literally eat anything ?

*Michael's POV*

As soon as we arrived at the Doctor's office - even though we arrived late, since Anastasia started whining, begging me and Bill to stop at a bakery to buy some sweets to satisfy her pregnancy-cravings.. damn, she's so adorable while she's pregnant. I mean, she was always adorable, but now... while she's pregnant... it's even better. And let's not talk about the sex... it was over the top. - we started talking with him about how the pregnancy was going, before she went and layed down on the stretcher.

Me and the Doctor then walked over to her. While he started putting some of the gel on her lower belly, I grabbed her hand interlocking our fingers. He then started moving the ultrasound-device on her belly, while we all looked at the monitor... I sucked my teeth.

"Is it possible to find out the gender of the baby, today?" I asked the Doctor, he looked over at me and smiled.
"You really want to know?" he asked before looking over at Anastasia. She immediately turned around to face me, we both looked at each other and smiled widely, before looking back at the Doctor and nodding.
"Yes... please." Anastasia replied.

The Doctor giggled before nodding and looking back at the monitor... after a few minutes of silence and suspense, he removed the ultrasound-device, cleaned Anastasia's belly, and then turned around to face us, with a big smile on his face. I was nervous, very nervous.

"It's a boy." he then said, and when he said those words... believe me or not, my heart was exploding like a million of fireworks. I looked over to Anastasia, and of course she started crying again. These were tears of joy now, though. I chuckled and immediately embraced her in a sweet hug.

After we both calmed down, we walked back to the Doctor's desk, and sat back down on the chairs.

"And what about... the baby... is he... is he doing alright? I mean... is the pregnancy going good this time? Or is there any... risk..." Anastasia asked with a shaky voice, and that's when worry started to form inside of me, while we both looked at the Doctor.
"Everything looks perfectly fine to me, Mrs. Johnson. There is no risk for a spontaneous abort, nor for anything else. The baby is healthy, and the pregnancy is going the way it should be. No need to worry." he reassured us with a big-warm smile on his face.

I released a sigh of relief, before grabbing Anastasia's hand and rubbing the back of it with my thumb. We flashed each other a quick smile, before discussing some other things about the pregnancy with the Doctor.

Once the appointment was over, we left and made our way back home.
I felt relieved that Anastasia's pregnancy is going the way it should this time, I was also very happy that our son was healthy and doing good... I can't wait for him to be born, to meet us and his siblings. It was all a miracle of God, without him by my side... none of this would be possible. I felt beyond blessed.