Chapter 55

February 21st, 2002
*Anastasia's POV*

I got woken up by a weird pain that I was feeling in my belly. I looked over to the clock, and it was 9 a.m.
I then turned around to face Michael, and he was still peacefully sleeping.

Slowly I started getting out of bed, but as soon as I stood up the pain got worse. What the hell?
I started taking deep breath's, trying to calm down... it's probably nothing. After a few seconds I tried to walk towards the bathroom, but there it was again, that pain... causing me to groan because of the pain. That made Michael wake up, and as soon as he noticed he rushed over to me.

"Anastasia? Are you okay? What's wrong?" he said in a raspy voice, I immediately grabbed his hand squeezing it, before looking at him. Fear was all I can feel.
"It hurts... I don't know what's happening..." I managed to say. He looked confused and started getting panicked, but he tried his best to remain calm.
"Okay, take a deep breath and sit down. I'll go call the Doctor." he replied before slowly walking me over to the bed again.

I didn't even reach the bed, I stopped and felt something wet down my legs... I looked down... now I understand.

"Michael..." I whispered,
"What? What's wrong?" he asked worried, I looked up to him.
"My water just broke..." I said, he immediately looked down, we were now both staying in a puddle of water.
"Damn... okay, stay right here, I'll call Bill and tell him to get the car ready to escort you to the hospital." he quickly said, before rushing over to the phone, calling Bill and telling him what he just said to me. I tried to sit on the bed, and to remain calm, taking several deep breath's, before releasing another loud groan because of the pain.

The pain was probably coming because of the contractions... and damn... it hurts. I would be lying if I say that I'm not scared. It's my first pregnancy after all - or should I say, the first time giving birth.

After a few seconds Michael came back rushing to me, he was already all dressed up, my luggage was ready as well.
He then helped me to get back up and change into more comfortable clothes, before slowly walking me downstairs. I had to stop multiple times because of the strong contractions, but I immediately started walking again after the pain got better.

Once we reached the end of the stairs, Bill came running towards us to help me. Michael was now on my right side while Bill was on my left.
Soon we reached the car, and Bill immediately started driving to the Hospital.
Michael kept holding my hand, and poor him.. his hand was now red like a tomato because I kept squeezing it every time I had a contraction. But he didn't seem to bother though... that's when I remembered - he has already been through this, he already has two children.

After a few minutes, we finally arrived. Michael and Bill quickly escorted me inside. Nurses came running towards me with a wheelchair, bringing me into a delivery room.
They then helped me to take my clothes off, wearing only a hospital blouse, before laying me down on the hospital bed, my legs wide open.

Michael stood right by my side, holding my hand and caressing my hair.

"Every how many minutes do you have contractions?" a nurse then asked me,
"Uhh.. I-I don't know... I guess every ten to fifteen minutes or something like that." I managed to answer, she simply nodded.
"I'll tell the Doctor that you're here, and he will come visit you as soon as possible." she then said before walking out of the room. The other nurse started to prepare everything, and she also put the CTG on my belly, so that we could hear our baby's heartbeat. (A little note: when you hear the baby's heartbeat become faster, it means that another contraction is coming.)

I looked over at Michael, and he flashed me a sweet-reassuring smile.

"Everything is going to be alright, baby, don't worry. I'm right here with you." he whispered in a sweet tone, while rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.
"Easy for you to say, Mr. Jackson. You've been through this already, that is the first time for me. And you are not the one who has to push out something as big as a watermelon from a hole as small as a lemon." I said in a irritated tone, and immediately regretted it. It wasn't me talking, it's the labor... the hormones. Surprisingly he giggled.
"I know it's not you talking... try to take some deep breath's and relax." he said before placing a kiss on my forehead.