Chapter 53

October 27th, 2001
*Michael's POV*

I was now in my home in the Neverland Ranch, alone with Prince and Paris.
Anastasia was still staying in Hayvenhurst...
Since I came back from Washington, I tried to find out what was going on between her and Wayne, and it clearly looked like he was flirting with her, and she didn't seem to bother.

I was deeply hurt... I didn't know what to do. I tried calling her, but every time she picks up and we start talking, she keeps saying that she still needs time.
I don't know what game she was playing, but if that's what she wants, then this is what she's getting.

I was even struggling on sleeping at night, forced to take some pills to fall asleep... every minute of the day, I kept thinking about her, about our situation... I was dead worried, for her and for the baby. What else should I do? I can't take this anymore...

Every time that Wayne was here for his shift I would ask him about him and Anastasia, but he kept saying that they were just 'friends'. Should I believe him?

November 7th, 2001
*Anastasia's POV*

Michael has left today, he went back to New York City, since he's attending a Signing Event for his 'Invincible' Album.
So I decided to get back to the Ranch, and staying with the kids... I have also planned, that as soon as he comes back we would have a talk about us.

I had enough time to think, I tried to find out if anything had happened between him and Lisa, and it turned out that he said the truth... nothing happened.
Yes, it still hurt that he called me by somebody else's name, but I can't afford to lose him... I love him way too much for that. I'm carrying our child and we are engaged for pete's sake, I can't and I don't want to lose him...
So yes, I want to forgive him and forget all that has happened...

Once I was back in our home in Neverland, I organised all my stuff back in our bedroom and changed into more comfortable clothes, before walking downstairs in the living room and turning the TV on...
His Signing Event was live, and I watching it now. He looked damn good like usual... god I miss him. I can't wait for him to get back.

Around 30 minutes later, shortly before the Event came to an end, I noticed how he started flirting with a girl... what the hell was he doing?

"Yea but... you wrote it down?... her number." he then said to one of his securities. Her number ?!?

I immediately grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Perfect... well done Jackson. You pissed me off, once again.
All of a sudden, the phone started ringing... I immediately picked up and it was Janet,

"Hello?" I said,
"Hey Ana... uhm... have you... have you seen the TV? The Event..." she said over the phone,
"Yep." I simply replied.
"Until the end?" she asked once again.
"Yes, Janet. I have seen how he flirted with that girl and asked his fucking security if they wrote down her number." I hissed.
"I'm so sorry... there's something I need to tell you, though, before you start arguing with him again." she said in a calm tone before releasing a deep sigh. Okay, now I was confused.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Uhm... please don't be mad at me but, I kinda told him that Wayne flirted with you ever since you came to Hayvenhurst... so... I think... he flirted with that girl on purpose today." she confessed.

I swear I'm about to get a damn heart attack, that's how mad I am right now.

"Hello? Anastasia? You still there?" she said over the phone, I gulped.
"Why did you do that? You know very well that Wayne wasn't flirting with me.. we're just friends, Janet." I stated in a irritated tone.
"I know, that's what you keep telling me, but please believe me when I say that he is flirting with you." she then replied.
"Even if, I don't care. I'm not interested in him. Why would you tell Michael these kind of things?" I then said while standing up from the sofa walking back and forth,
"I'm really sorry, Ana..." she said over the phone before I hang up on her.