Chapter 32

May 20th, 1998
*Anastasia's POV*

After laying in bed and starring outside the window for god know how much time, I snapped and ran towards the bathroom, leaning over the toilet once again and throwing up. It's been going this way since five days... that's how bad it is. Crying-throwing up, throwing up-crying.

Suddenly I heard knocking on my bedroom door, but I didn't have the strength to talk nor to shout. After a few seconds my mom walked in, and when she didn't see me on the bed she immediately rushed to the bathroom only to find myself sitting on the cold floor next to the toilet...

"Anastasia, again? At this point it's better if I take you the hospital." she said in a worried tone, I immediately shook my head 'no'. If I go to the hospital there could be the risk that someone recognise me, and I don't want to end up on the newspaper.
"No hospital..." I managed to say almost whispering, feeling more weak than before. My mom sighed.
"Sweetheart... there is someone outside your bedroom waiting to talk to you..." she whispered, I looked into her eyes.
"It's him, isn't it?" I whispered, she nodded, and my eyes got filled with tears once again. I shook my head 'no' once again, "I don't want to see him nor hear his voice." I snapped. I then tried to get up but as soon as I did I threw up again... god please make it stop, I can't take it anymore.
"Ana... maybe it helps you feel better if you at least her him out once..." my mother said while gently rubbing my back. While I threw up once again I felt how some tears started running down my cheeks...
"I said no." I replied in a cracked-weak voice, she sighed and nodded.

After I've calmed down I sat back down on the floor, begging my mom to leave me alone, and she did. So he came... he finally came. But I am really not ready yet, to see his face or to hear his voice. Isn't the pain that I'm still going through not enough? I started crying again, covering my face with my hands.

*Michael's POV*

I waited in her living room, until her mother came back with tears in her eyes. I immediately walked towards her.

"What's wrong? Is she alright?" I asked worried, she shook her head.
"She's doing really bad, Michael... she keeps throwing up non stop, crying non stop. She hasn't eat something or slept in days... and she doesn't want to see you nor hear your voice. I said that it's better if I take her to the hospital, but she doesn't want to go." she replied as she started crying, I looked over to her sisters who were also dead-worried. I clinched my jaw.
"Okay... listen..." I said before releasing a deep sigh, "sit down, have a glass of water, and don't be scared for what you're about to hear. I really have to do this now, if you want me to help your daughter, okay?" I added. She looked at me with a confused look, while I helped her sit down on the sofa.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"Don't worry... and I repeat... don't get scared. Everything is going to be alright. I messed it up, and I have to fix it." I said, she nodded.

I then started walking inside of her bedroom, my palms are sweaty and my legs are shaking... once I've stepped inside her room, I didn't see her anywhere, she's probably still in the bathroom.
Once I've heard sobs coming from the bathroom, that was the confirmation that she was still in there... I slowly started walking towards it only to find her sitting on the cold floor, her knees brought to her chest, her face inside her hands... I did all of this... I feel so bad.

I gulped and slowly started walking closer to her, going on my knees to face her...

"Anastasia?" I whispered, she immediately snapped her head locking her eyes into mine. I didn't recognise her... she looked different. She looked broken, weak... she had some dark under-eye-bags, and she definitely looked pale.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" she hissed.
"Calm down... please hear me out..." I begged, but it seemed as it got worse by saying that.
"Leave me alone. Get out of here!" she said almost yelling.
"Anastasia, please... I'm not going anywhere until you hear me out." I stated, and tried to reach out after her knee, but she immediately stepped back.
"No! Leave!" she yelled, but as soon as she did she threw up again.