Chapter 46

***TWO YEARS LATER***

June 28th, 2001
*Anastasia's POV*

I couldn't sleep for the entire night, I felt sick. I think it's because of the flu that Prince had just a couple of days ago... I stayed with him because I wanted to take care of him, and now I think that I got the same flu.
I hated being sick...

Michael is dead worried about me, and when I couldn't sleep he would stay up with me the entire night, cuddling and bringing me some hot tea, even though I told him to stay away because I didn't want him to get sick as well. But of course he wouldn't listen to me.

It was now 9 a.m, and I felt weak... I couldn't even get up. I was feeling nauseous the entire time and I wasn't even hungry.
Michael has already scheduled an appointment with his doctor for me, for this afternoon at 2 p.m.
Right now, he left because he had some work to do, while I remained in the bed trying to fight against the nauseous feeling that I was having.
Suddenly, I heard knocking on the door...

"C-come in." I said, and shortly after a maid entered the bedroom.
"Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Jackson is here to check on you." she gently said, I furrowed my brows.
"Katherine?" I asked confused,
"No...-" the maid started but got interrupted by a female voice, and soon Janet entered the room.
"It's me." she said smiling at me, I nodded at the maid, signing to leave us alone.

Janet then started walking closer to the bed, taking a seat. I slowly tried to sit up, leaning against the bed headboard.

"God, you look awful..." she said and giggled, I slightly smiled.
"Yea.." I replied in a weak voice,
"How are you feeling?" she then asked, I sighed.
"Awful." I replied, causing us both to laugh. "No but jokes apart, I feel bad... I've been having this nauseous feeling the entire night. The flu is kicking really bad..." I then added. She stared at me and smirked. "What?" I asked confused,
"Flu?" she asked, and I simply nodded. "Ana ... have you had your period this month?" she then asked. That's when my heart skipped a beat.

No way... it couldn't be, right? Or maybe yes... I started to remember the big amount of sex me and Michael were having these past few weeks. Yes, it can be.

"Fuck..." I whispered, while placing my palm on my forehead. Janet started chuckling.
"Hey, good think I brought this." she said, grabbing a box from her bag and handing it to me. I immediately took it and looked what it was... it's a pregnancy test. I looked at her and she nodded.
"Alright... let's do this. I'll be right back." I said before slowly getting up and walking to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I started panicking, my hands were shaking... that would be the first time getting pregnant after... after what happened years ago.
I took a deep breath before opening the box and taking the stick, before walking to the toilet, and peeing on the stick...

Once I was done, I placed the stick on the table next to the sink, while I started washing my hands. I looked on the box and it said that I had to wait 5 minutes before seeing the result. One line means negative and two lines means positive. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom... Janet immediately looked over to me.

"And?" she excitedly asked, I giggled.
"I have to wait five minutes to read the result..." I replied while shrugging my shoulders and taking a seat on the bed.
"Are you ready for this? I mean... if it's positive..." she asked while looking at me, I gulped.
"Yes... yes I am. I mean.. it has been so many years now since what happened last time... and me and Michael have talked about it a lot, so yes, I'm ready. I'm just... simply scared." I confessed, and she nodded.

After chatting for a while, I decided to walk back into the bathroom, since it has been more than five minutes now...
I slowly walked closer to the table next to the sink, and took a deep breath before looking at the stick.