Chapter 4

September 4th, 1997
*Anastasia's POV*

I normally never feel nervous or uncomfortable when I'm around a guy, but in Michael's presence... damn, I get all weak. I don't know why.

We just arrived at the drive through of KFC, I just found out that it's his favourite place to go grab some food... since he can't go inside we are forced to grab something from the drive through.
Wayne ordered something for Mr. Jackson as well as two coffees, one for him and one for me.

Once we took the order, we followed Mr. Jackson's command and drove to a park right around the corner and thankfully no one was there.
Me and Wayne immediately stepped out of the car and I walked over to the backseats-door and opened it, so that Michael could exit the car.
We then walked into the park and he took a seat on the bench, while me and Wayne were standing in front of him, ready to protect him in case some crazy fan would notice him.

I took a sip of my hot coffee, letting that hot liquid slide down my throat. Yes, I love coffee.
After a few minutes of silence I heard a phone ringing, as I turned around I noticed it was Mr. Jackson's, he immediately took the call.

"Jackson." he said, after a few seconds he sighed. "Are we still arguing about that, Debbie? I already told you..." he said almost whispering, I furrowed my brows and looked over at Wayne who seemed to totally ignore what he was talking about over the phone. "Can we talk about this when I come home tonight?" he said still on the phone, after a few seconds he said goodbye and hung up. I sucked my teeth... I know I shouldn't do this, but I can't contain myself.

I looked over to Michael,
"Is everything okay Sir?" I gently asked, he looked at me with a shocked-confused look, did I say something wrong? Or why was he looking at me like that?
"Uhh, yes..." he simply replied before continuing to eat his food. I nodded and turned back to look at the park.
"You shouldn't be asking him anything about his private life..." Wayne whispered at me while taking a sip of his coffee, I raised one of my brows.
"Why not?" I whispered back, he then looked at me.
"It's one of the rules... no relationships, no friendship nothing... so you can't even ask him about his private life." he whispered again with a serious look. "Didn't Mrs. Brown tell you?" he added. I gulped...
"Uhh yea she did... I just... I thought it was nice to ask since he seemed ... worried." I whispered, Wayne giggled and shook his head.
"Just don't ask." he repeated. I took a deep breath before nodding and looking away, taking another sip of my coffee. Why did I even care if he seemed worried? I'm just his security, nothing else.

After a couple of minutes me and Wayne finished our coffees and Mr. Jackson finished his food,
"Wayne could you please throw this in the garbage before walking back to the car?" he asked, Wayne immediately nodded and took the papers before walking to a garbage. I was left there alone, with Michael, and his eyes immediately met mine as soon as Wayne stepped away.
"Thank you for worrying earlier... no one from my securities ever asked, that's why I was shocked." he said before flashing me a sweet smile, I gulped.
"Oh, uh... I'm sorry Sir, I know I shouldn't have ask-" I started, but he stopped me.
"No it's okay..." he said while standing up and walking closer to me.
"I-it's not, Sir... it's the rule..." I whispered, but he simply smiled.
"I said it's okay, Mrs. Johnson. It's nice to see that at least one of you care about me." he said, I simply nodded and slightly smiled.
"I'll accompany you to the car, Sir." I then said before stepping back and walking him to the car, Wayne immediately walked closer to us.

As we all got back into the car, Wayne started driving to the place where Mr. Jackson's meeting is going to be. My heart was still pounding real fast... so he cares that I care? Even though he knows it's one of the rule? Why?...

*Michael's POV*

I was now sitting in a chair in front of my manager Frank DiLeo, in the middle of a meeting, but I couldn't focus on any word that was coming out of his mouth... my thoughts were all focused on what happened earlier in the park, where Anastasia asked me if everything was alright after that phone call with Debbie... no one ever seemed to care how I feel, but she did.

I am planning to get a divorce from Debbie right after giving birth to my second child, I just think that it's not right to be married to a woman whom I don't have feelings for... she is aware that I don't have feelings for her, and that I never will, but she keeps looking for physical contact, I'm afraid that she's falling for me... that's just not right. That's what we have been arguing about on the phone.

After the meeting Anastasia and Wayne drove me back to the Ranch, and as soon as I stepped into my office I noticed Debbie sitting on my chair behind the desk. I sighed ...

"Can we talk now?" she said, I looked at her.
"What else do you want to talk about Debbie? We've talked about this already..." I said, she stood up and walker closer to me, grabbing both of my hands.
"Are you sure of your decision, Michael?" she asked, as her eyes filled up with tears.
"You know how I feel about this, Debbie... it's just not right. You are a good friend of mine and I care about you, but it's just not right to be married to me even though you know I don't have feelings for you... I don't want to hurt you, it's better if we do this after my next child is born, before you fall for me." I said almost whispering, a tear already dropped on her cheek.
"What if I already did?" she whispered, I sucked my teeth.
"That's what I'm talking about... we can't do this anymore..." I replied before releasing a heavy sigh and stepping back from her.
"Alright... if that's what you want... I'll respect your decision, Michael." she replies before leaving my office.

I take off my fedora placing it on my desk before taking a seat on my chair.