Chapter 34

May 22nd, 1998
*Anastasia's POV*

My mom and sisters left yesterday, I insisted that they had to go, and the did, even though they didn't want to.
Today I am being released from the Hospital, they kept giving me medicines through the IV ... I still wasn't eating, but I did get some sleep. I was now signing the papers, before walking outside of the Hospital. That's when I noticed Bill and Michael waiting by the car for me, while the Paparazzi's, Fans and Tabloids crowded around the building...

After that talk with Michael two days ago, I told him that I needed time to think about it... I didn't know if I was ready to get back with him, so I need time to think about it, and he agreed.
He begged me to get back to his Neverland Ranch, so that he could take care of me, and also because of the kids... I ended up agreeing with that.
So as soon as we stepped in the car, we made our way to my apartment, I grabbed my stuff - once again - and then we made our way the Ranch.

Once we arrived, Bill helped me to bring my stuff in the guest room... yes, guest room... I can't sleep in the same bed as him. I shouldn't even be here right now.
I greeted the maids and the securities, before walking in the guest room. As soon as Bill finished bringing in my stuff and left the room, I locked the door and tucked myself under the bedsheets of the king-sized bed. I still felt weak... and in pain. The only thing I could think about was that he had sex with Lisa... when he had feelings for me and was still married to Debbie. How can I get over something like that? I know it was before we started dating... but it hurts anyway. And also, he kept meeting with her even though we were already in a relationship. Who tells me that they haven't slept together again?

I shook my head trying not to think about it. One good thing is, that I stopped crying since the day me and Michael talked in the Hospital. The bad thing is; I still couldn't eat anything. And that's when something came in my mind again: the pregnancy.
I placed my hand on my lower belly...

"I'm so sorry baby... I know I'm not being a good mother right now... I just really don't have the strength to do anything right now..." I whispered to my belly, "it's all my fault... I'm not strong enough to fight for your life... I'm so sorry." I whispered once again, and that's when I started crying again. Fucking hormones.

*Michael's POV*

I was standing behind the door of the guest room, I heard every single word she just said... she was talking to the baby.

I decided to step inside, and noticed that she was laying in the bed, crying, while her hand is placed on her lower belly. I immediately walked closer to her, sitting on the bed next to her... she looked up to me, while sobbing, I grabbed her and embraced her in a sweet hug.

"Don't you ever say these things again... it's not your fault." I whispered,
"You heard me?" she snapped, I nodded.
"I was behind the door..." I replied before releasing a sigh, "you are the best mother I have ever met... you hear me? It's not your fault, Anastasia. You can do this. You are strong enough. Let me help you..." I added, while caressing her back.
"There's nothing you can do to help me..." she said while sobbing onto my chest.
"Yes there is..." I said before removing her from my arms. I then placed my index finger under her chin, forcing her to look at me. I wiped away her tears with my thumb before flashing her a slight smile. "You need to eat something.." I said.
"I'm not hungry ..." she replied in a cracked voice.
"You have to try, Anastasia... please." I begged.
"I can't... I really can't." she replied while tears kept running down her cheeks.
"What about some ice cream?" I then said, she loves ice cream... that would be the first step, maybe this way she'll find her way back to eating again. She looked at me and a very slight smile found its way on her face. "There it is... that smile... I missed it." I said while smiling brightly, "c'mon, let's get you some ice cream." I then added before grabbing her hand, and walking her to the kitchen.

I helped her sit down on a high chair by the kitchen counters, and walked over the refrigerator grabbing the package of ice cream and two tablespoons, before walking back and taking a seat next to her.
I then opened the ice cream, took some with the tablespoon and brought it to her lips... after a few seconds she opened her mouth, eating the ice cream that I just gave her.

"See? You can do this." I stated while smiling brightly, and she did the same. God I missed that smile...
"Thank you, Michael..." she whispered as she looked down at her hands.
"For what?" I asked while I stared at her, she then looked up at me locking her eyes onto mine again.
"For helping me out..." she replied. I nodded.
"I told you that I would do anything to help you... I love you Anastasia." I then said before releasing a sigh, she stood up and walked closer to me, our faces only inches away.

We starred in each other's eyes for a few seconds... my heart was pounding real fast. Her perfume was invading my nostrils.
I missed her... and I needed her.
I looked down on her lips, longing to kiss her... I gulped. She then leaned in and placed a kiss on my cheek, stepping back slowly, so that our lips were now only an inch away...
I looked up at her eyes, my breath was heavy... I closed my eyes and that's when I felt her lips against mine.
She locked her lips onto mine in a sweet-gentle kiss, I gently grabbed her waist pulling her closer to me, deepening the kiss. Finally.