Chapter 11: I Like Her

Mikha's POV

"I swear 'pag di mo ako sinamahan mamaya, I'm gonna curse you." Colet told me over the phone. She woke me up this early para sabihing I need to accompany her to the airport to fetch her cousin. Colet is too lazy to drive.

Eight years have passed, mas dumami nanaman ang nangyari. Ang bilis ng panahon. Jhoanna showed up to us and fixed things with Colet. Finally, they're together. If you're going to ask me if I did got hurt, the answer is yes. Up until now, my friends are still clueless that I once liked Jhoanna. Sometimes, I'm still thinking of the what if's and unending possibilities if I ever happened to made the first move on her instead of Colet. Yung sakit siguro na nararamdaman ko ngayon, it's more like panghihinayang and the love I failed to show to her. I still love Jhoanna but not in a romantic way anymore. Mayroon at mayroon siyang parte sa buhay ko but it's not the same intense love anymore. It's more of platonic.

I decided to focus on things that really matters. Like growing my dad's businesses, self growth, and making memories with my friends. We're all successful now and taking our different paths of careers. Kaya nga mas yumabang pa sila eh dahil hindi na kami mga batang paslit at tambay.

Ever since I punched a guy on my sister's cafe, Aiah never left my system. Siya at siya nalang ang nakikita ko. I never tried dating or having a crush on someone because I kept comparing them to Aiah.

"Are you coming or not? Damn you for having the guts to make me wait." Colet protested once again.

"Calm down, Arch. Vergara. Yes, I'll come with you." I answered and prepared my things.

When we arrived at the airport, I started to look for a parking spot, luckily it wasn't so hard like before. Bumaba ako sa car ko and put my glasses on to block the sun. I jogged my way, pumasok na ako and hinanap si Colet.

I saw my best friend and there beside her is the girl who left. I walked to get closer to them.

"Dude, tutunawin mo na yata pinsan ko." Colet whispered. I snapped out of my thoughts, I was staring at her pala.

"It's nice seeing you again, Atty. Arceta." I smiled, she smiled too but it didn't reach her eyes. Hindi na kagaya ng dati sa tuwing makikita niya ako.

"Likewise, Businesswoman Lim. How are you?"she asked.