Chapter 12: The Walls I've Built

Mikha's POV

"Hello annoyings!" I greeted them loudly, disturbing their conversation. I received deathly glares from Sheena and Maloi. They all remained seated, they didn't even bother to look at me.

Wow! I feel all the love. I put down the boxes of pizza on the center table. And flopped down next to Colet who's hugging Jhoanna. Grabe! Tanghaling tapat parang tukong nakayakap 'tong best friend ko. Hindi ba sila naiinitan?

"Oh ayan na pala ang MIA sa mga dinners and lunch natin eh." Gwen said.

"And she brought pizza. Sinusuhulan pa tayo." Stacey added. I rolled my eyes.

I looked at Aiah who's sitting comfortably next to Gwen and Stacey. She's just innocently smiling at me.

"What? I only missed 2 of our dinners and 1 lunch. And that's not suhol! If you don't like it, akin nalang." I need to defend myself. All along I thought they didn't noticed. It's true that I missed 2 of our dates, but I've been missing most of our hang out.

I just got home, Aiah and I went to Makati. She craved for Steaks and Pasta kasi and she called me in the middle of my sleep. I don't mind, though. I love spending time with her. Kung dati maingay lang siya, ngayon maingay na siya with sense. I love listening to her stories and jokes. Ang cute niya lang kasi.

"Akala mo ba hindi namin napapansing palagi kang wala." Colet said, her face full of annoyance.

"Umamin ka nga. What's making you busy?" Maloi asked me.

I simply looket at Aiah again, asking for help but she just looked away at tinuon ang atensiyon kay Gwen. Great! Akala mo naman hindi rin siya laging nawawala sa dinner and lunch dates ng barkada.

We both decided na we'll keep in private muna lahat ng hangouts namin together. I don't know her reason pero 'yong reason ko, ayaw kong majinx. Plus, I kinda like the thrill of hiding. We have to go to other places pa tuloy so we could spend time together when we're not busy with works.

"I was just busy with work." I replied. But looking at my friends, hatalang hindi sila naniniwala.