Chapter 20: Her Downfall

Mikha's POV

"Love, will you stop hiding? Nakikita kaya kita!" Aiah said and grab the book I'm holding to cover my face. "Why are you here ba?" she added, sitting in front of me.

"I got bored in my office kaya I followed you here. I was hiding because I know you'll scold me once you saw me here." I replied. We're here at her law firm, may study hall dito where lawyers can review their cases. I don't get the sense of this, they have their own offices naman.

"Did you left your office works just to be here?" she raised her left eyebrow while looking seriously at me. I only showed her my cute smile as an answer. She, then, rolled her eyes.

They always dream of a fairy tale like love story, that they don't realize how magical just sitting in a study hall while staring at the love of your life, is already.

Dreaming of a prince to save them, or a waiting for a damsel in distress. When here I am having a simple moments with Aiah and all I could think of is how fortunate I am to have them. To be able to hold her hand, hear her laugh, see her smile, those are what makes it all worth it. To be the reason behind her happiness is the greatest thing ever.

Two years have passed but whenever I look into her eyes, all I could see is my reflection and it makes me so happy because I know, that those tender stares are meant for me. In the span of two years, sobrang daming nangyari. Aiah and I always travel abroad when we both have a time. We visited many places and tried new things. I'm still deeply in love with her.

Like a typical couple, we argue a lot and defying me is one of her favorite things in life. But then, she's the first person to support me, she argues to other people who fights me, and she never let me defy the world alone.

I grabbed her hand under the table, my own hand is cold but the moment hers touched mine, the usual feeling of warmth enveloped it, slowly it flows all through my body.

"You are beautiful." I say as I stare at her.

We're eating our lunch now. She has smudge of ketchup on the corner of mouth, her eyebrows are furrowed; all I could see is how beautiful she is.

She managed to make me smile, without doing anything.