Chapter 28: Atty. Arceta

Aiah's POV

I'm rushing because the client texted me 30 minutes before the said time. Maiinis sana ako but with the thought of meeting this client, I suddenly feel giddy. Nagmamadali akong magbihis nang biglang tumawag si Colet. Ang ganda ng timing!

"Where are you? Dapat maunahan mo 'yong client!" Colet said

"I probably finished preparing if you didn't call. But honestly, I'm feeling quite nervous but I do not really know, Col." I replied.

"Everything will be okay. Do not think too much, Aiah." with her assurance, I exhaled and calmed down.

After preparing, I immediately went to the said place. Shit! Nakaabot pa ako sa call time.

The staff approached me, "Table reservation for MJL Company." I told him and he assisted me towards the table. Nakita kong wala pang tao rito at tanging ako palang ang naunang dumating.

As I recalled the client's text earlier, I was beyond aggravated at how demanding he/she was. I'm currently sitting. The client's late already. If he/she was supposed to stood me up today, I intend on sending him/her a text to find another lawyer whose time she could waste.

About ten minutes later, biglang bumukas ang pinto and I smelled a familiar scent.

MJL Company.

Miss dior blooming bouquet perfume.

This can't be happening. I'm not yet ready for this.

I turned around and met her gaze. My Mikha Lim.

She looked shock too but she immediately recovered and sat in front of me.

"Attorney." she called. I slowly turned but I didn't dare to meet her eyes.

"As what my best friend had said, will you be able to help me in the dilemma that my company is currently facing?" she added while looking straight to my eyes. Kahit di ko sabihin ay alam kong maraming nag-iba sa kanya.