Chapter 14: I Fell Harder

Mikha's POV

Everyone's enjoying the night. Our parents are smiling as they talk to other guests. Nagmukha pa nga yatang reunion ng mga matatanda ito. My best friends and I are now drinking at the bar area of the venue.

Sooner, the host called Aiah to blow her candles and give her short message. The spotlight shining it's beauty.

We sing along with the background music, clapping our hands lightly to follow the beat. And I stared lovingly at her. At this moment, all I want is to be the reason behind her every smile.

How can I possibly do that? Here I am wishing to be braver to at least let her know about my feelings, because letting her know could mean so much. It's funny how my best friends knows my feelings for her but I can't even tell her.

How can I confess when I can't say she's beautiful and let her know that I meant it?

She's the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on. Well, Jhoanna got my attention first but when it comes to Aiah, everything's magical. Kung dati hindi ko siya napapansin, sobrang laki na ng pagbabago ngayon. I have this fear that if I can't confess to her, someone will. Pero wala eh, naduduwag ako.

I find myself staring intently at her. Atty. Arceta, I'm so down for you.

I sighed and focused on her. Her eyes are closed as she make a wish. She caught me staring at her when she opened them and she smiled, my favorite one.

The host handed her the mic so she can thank everyone who came to celebrate her birthday with her.

"How to start? I'm not good at this, oh my." she started, and it earned a laugh from everyone. Aiah and her charms.

"I want to thank Him, for giving me the opportunity to live and celebrate this day with you all." she pointed above and smiled.

"I know you guys have busy schedules so I wanna say thank you for sparing me some of your time to be here. And thank you, to every person who made it possible. The people behind this amazing party and made sure it will go smoothly until the last hour." she gave the staffs a thankful smile.